Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HighandDryinnNy Posts: 84, Reputation: 17

Mar 11, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Did I blow my interview?
    I just interviewed for a job that I was really, well, excited for. It went great, except, I think I said I was excited about 10 times during the interview. I just couldn't help it, as professional as I wanted to be, I still bubbled over like boiling water. It even got to the point where the ladies were joking with me, saying "are you excited?", or "well we know your excited" and so on. Also, I mentioned that I was waitressing nights, and when they asked for the name and number, I blurted out "oh i dont really work there on the books"... yikessss! They looked a little taken aback, then one of them said, "its ok to say that to us, but you really shouldnt say that to anyone"... The position I interviewed for was for a well known motorcycle company, as a merchandising manager. You know, they asked me my weaknesses, and I should have said, "Doesn't have a filter when nervous/excited" haha. But the interview went great, it went until the next appointment. I had them laughing and asking slightly personal questions. At the end when I was leaving, the current Merch Manager told me I had interviewed really well. Maybe I am just stressing over nothing, and I know this post is boring compared to others, but I really had to get this out. From all of you out there, would these things deter you from hiring a qualified, obviously motivated potential employee? Advice ( harsh or nice) is welcome. Thank you!
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Mar 11, 2010, 11:51 AM

Try not to stress over it too much. The interview is over and done with and there's nothing you can do to go back and change the way things went. It probably wasn't a good idea to say you worked somewhere off the books, you want to be honest in an interview but things like that would probably be best to omit. You definitely want to be completely honest on answers that would be revealed about you if they do a background check though. On the bright side: your interview lasted until it was time for the next one, they said you did really well, and they made a point to get more in depth with you on questioning. It's hard to say if you'll get the job or not, someone may interview who is just as excited but better qualified. Just try to stay positive and even if it doesn't work out you have the experience of the interview that you can now work from. Good luck.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 01:29 PM

I wouldn't stress over it. You've showed them that you are honest and enthusiastic. Like blue angel said, they may find someone even better qualified still. But it sounds like you've got a good shot at this job. Good luck.
    NeilCollins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 03:49 AM

I think companies like to see positivity and enthusiasm so don't worry about it. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a divorce before 1st interview of marriage based green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm living in america since 2003 decemeber, 1st I had a f1 then I transfer to h1b and now I'm on marriage based green card status, I'm getting a divorce to my wife and my interview 1st interview is due in a week ,what's going to happen to my status after that I have no criminal record no bad...

AC blower won't blow! [ 1 Answers ]

AC condenser/blower problem: Blower will not turn on. I have a combined gas heat/AC unit inside and an exterior Compressor for AC. It is an older Carrier unit ( 58Gs100-3) and about 20+ years old. Both the cooling and heating worked last summer and this winter respectively. I'm trying to...

Don't want to blow up [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to use copper line instead of cast iron around a base board when extending a gas line for a stove? I am very concerned about this passing inspection in Denton Co. in Texas.

Did I Blow It ? [ 2 Answers ]

A few weeks ago I met this girl who was an acquaintance who is new to the area but I messed things up. A few weeks ago I bought something from a website she has where she sells handmade products but she didn't know that it was me who was. Eventually though I told who I was and she had figured it...

Blow out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier heating & air conditioning unit . This is the first time we have tried to use it this fall. When the unit tries to light it blows out the pilot and doesn't light. Usually with a big woof.. sometime its lights but usually doesn't.:rolleyes: please help

View more questions Search