Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Der Deutscher Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2010, 08:02 AM
    Fundraising/Money Making Ideas
    I was recently accepted into the Rotary Youth Exchange Program. The Rotary Club covers the majority of the costs, especially housing and other vitals. However, I must raise my own money for my plane ticket, which would be round-trip with nine months in-between my departure and return, as well as insurance, spending money, and any travel costs (i.e. trips to historic/significant sites, etc). The remaining costs, which I have until some time in July or August to raise, amount to $2,000-$4,000.
    I am the president of my school's German Club, and a passive member of the school Rugby Club(not sure if the latter is as significant as the former, however it may help anyone who answers my question to think of something) and am traveling to a German speaking country for my entire senior school year.
    My problem is that I do not have a job, and pratically no one is hiring. As such, I do not have the capital with which to raise funds in traditional ways (i.e. bake sales, spaghetti dinner, etc).
    Also, my German teacher is the founder and chairman of the local Austrian Culture Society, a non-profit organization. He has agreed to allow people to make contributions to my cause through his organization, allowing any donations to be tax-deductible. This is possible because Austria is a German speaking country and the Austrian Culture Society's main goal is to foster positive relationships between America and Austria, and my cause falls well within these guidelines.
    If you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments, please let me know.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 11, 2010, 06:00 PM

Any chance you can get a loan from a family member?

I suggest you keep looking for a part time job as well until you leave. Even after you get there, you will need money to survive.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 07:23 PM

Even if you can't find a steady job, you might be able to find odd jobs here and there. Babysitting for neighbors, housesitting, mowing lawns, walking dogs, cleaning houses. My boyfriend hasn't been able to find a steady job for over a year now but he's still able to make a lot of money. He mostly posts ads on craigslist for computer work. He also sells a lot of stuff on eBay.
    Der Deutscher Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2010, 06:00 PM

While there I get a monthly allowance of $150 from the Rotary.
    However, thank you for the suggestions. I believe I will try them all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fundraising Ideas [ 7 Answers ]

Can you guys think of some good fundraising ideas that will raise good money? Besides Candy sales. Thanks!! :)

Making extra cash at home, any ideas ? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm a stay at home mom because I want to raise my kids myself. At the moment I'm short of cash and need any ideas on how to make extra money, not a lot of money just to cover the basics from day to day. Also a friend of mine is very succesfull in selling perfume which she buys straight from the...

High School Money Making Ideas [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm a high school student and I want to make extra cash fast in a legal way. I'm not asking for a employing job, just something else I can do in my school to make money fast. I need some innovative ideas and products that I could possibly use to sell and/or any other ideas that I...

Any ideas for money so I can go to college? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey I'm a freshman in college going for my bachelor in English. I'm looking to become a teacher in New York. The problem is that my school refuses to except any federal loans that aren't through the school itself. My parents haven't paid their taxes though and in turn, the school refused to give me...

Making money [ 2 Answers ]

How can I make money using my computer?

View more questions Search