Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayizzle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Possible pregnancy after MAP?
    I know this is going to sound silly and very naïve of me, however I do need some advice so I am swallowing my pride and biting the bullet! Basically I need to know the chances of me being pregnant or not as I'm kind of freaking out and I really don't want to take a test as that would confirm my worst fears, so I have decided to stick my head in the sand, get opinions from others and just wait and see what happens. My new partner and I had sex for the first time on feb 14th, I wasn't on the pill at the time and the moment just kind of took over, I went to see my doctor feb 15th and was given levonelle (morning after pill) we then proceeded to have sex again that evening. On the 17th feb I had a very heavy very painful period lasting about 9 days (usually I'm mid flow and last between 5-7 days) I started taking the pill (microgynon 30) on the first day of my period - feb 17th. The last day of my pill was 9th march and still 2 days later (today on the 11th march) I have no signs of a withdrawal bleed, usually I begin to have stomach cramps by now (I have been on the pill in the past from a different relationship) my body temp is higher by now and my breasts should be tender. But I have nothing, could I be pregnant? Here comes the complicated bit, I was on anti-depressants citalopram 20mg and stopped taking these Sunday evening. Yesterday and today I have been very tired and feeling dizzy - almost like a head rush, and this morning I have started to feel slightly icky, could this be signs of pregnancy? Or withdrawal symptoms from the citalopram? I have been surfing the web all morning in a state of panic - which could be a contributing factor to me feeling sick as I'm worried sick! And I have even taken to trying to feel my cervix, which is very soft and spongy and to me everything down there feels very tight and closed but soft - if that makes sense? I had difficulty trying to find it but that could be down to the fact that I have never tried to feel my cervix before! Please help There is no way I could be pregnant right? Seeing as I had a long heavy period 2 days after taking the morning after pill
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 11, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to post your question to AMHD. I'll help you the best I can.

Now, you took the MAP, that alone can throw your cycles out of whack. Coupled with the fact that you started BCP, your body is in hormone confusion right now.

You may be experiencing withdrawals from the Citalopram (Celexa), but I doubt it, that's a very mild medication that is approved during pregnancy.

It's very possible you could just be getting sick with a cold or flu. Worrying will also throw off your cycles.

Now, as far as trying to check your cervix, please don't. I am a labor and delivery nurse, I do pelvic exams for a living. It is hard enough for me to find a cervix when I have a patient and I am in the right position. You, on the other hand, cannot be in the correct position to find your cervix. Also, you risk introducing bacteria and causing infection. Checking a cervix should always be a sterile procedure.

In the end, I don't think you have anything to worry about. However, I can't do the necessary lab work to back up my opinion. You may just have to bite the bullet and take a HPT if you are still concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Map projection [ 1 Answers ]

Which map projection has the least distortion mercator, lunar, goode, or, oblique

Map sensor [ 1 Answers ]

What is the firewall of my 96 nissan pathfinder? I want to know where is the MAP sensor. Thank you!

Home map [ 3 Answers ]

Actually I want to get made my home... but I have no idea that which map will be suitable for me.. is there any web site or facility? By which I can get different sample maps about my home design...

Compressor Map [ 2 Answers ]

I am working with refrigeration systems for some research. I am looking at the compressor map and have been told that a correction factor of .75 is fair to assume for conditions outside of the map's designated superheat and intake temp. Does anyone know where I can obtain any articles to support...

View more questions Search