Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justasha525 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 08:45 PM
    Paternity establishment
    I began a paternity/support case against my ex. I'm curious of the costs associated with a paternity test when done through the court system, not independently.
    KISSROMEO2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Nov 29, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justasha525
    i began a paternity/support case against my ex. i'm curious of the costs associated with a paternity test when done through the court system, not independently.
    If you go through domestic relations, like I had to go through for my girls, (I don't know what it's called in your city but it's where you go after child support)... if you denies your child, it will automatically ask for a paternity test. If he is proven the father, most likely HE will be responsible for the testing fees which will be post-result. If he is not found to be the father, YOU will be footed with the bill. Hope that helps!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 11:19 AM
    The court should advise you of the fees involved. Usually, both Mom and the alleged Dad initially front half the amount. If the test turns up positive, then the now-proven Dad reimburses Mom for her half. If the test turns up negative, then no reimbursement occurs and Mom and the formerly-alleged Dad end up each paying half.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 2, 2006, 05:40 PM
    The cost if initiated by the courts are usually comparative to those done independently so,
    The costs associated with a paternity test may vary per state but, here are three websites:

https://www.gtldna.net/?src=google&g...FSIjUAodsFEIxg

https://www.homedna.com/cgi-bin/cart...hdna-ppswabkit

http://shop.alltestsonline.com/mm5/m...egory_Code=DNA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is trying to tell that the answer to his paternity come back as inconclusive because both of them are African-American. I know this is crap. Just want to make sure.

Paternity Issue [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I found out I was pregnant on February 16th and I am wondering who the father of my baby is. My last period was January 17th. I had sex with the man I hope is the father on both the night of January 24th and the morning of January 25th both unprotected. I also happened to have sex with another...

Paternity [ 5 Answers ]

Are there chances that a judge will not oder you to have a paternity test taken? If so, on what grounds.

Paternity Test. [ 7 Answers ]

What happends if after 6 1/2 years my child is not mine?:confused:

View more questions Search