Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lea_09 Posts: 100, Reputation: 10

Mar 10, 2010, 10:38 PM
    What if I believe God has forsaken me?
    I grew up in a Christian home. I do believe God is real and he is part of my everyday life. But what if I stopped believing in God during my teen years because what proof did He give me that he is there for me? I love my parents and I do struggle with them emotionally because my mom is not a christian but a buddhist. My parents have hurt me emotionally and sent me to a counsel to 'resolve my issues'. But what if God forgot about me and just have given me a horrible life on purpose? I use to pray all the time and was actually a God fearing woman down to having sexual integrity and never abused my body in anyway. I feel like he misplaced me in a society with a family that expects too much and too little in certain areas. My roles as a daughter, sister, and student is strained. My parents and I have recently stopped fighting for the past few years, but I feel like what does God have to do with any of this? Why has he stopped controlling my life to a point he let me get hurt?
    sohotitsscary Posts: 91, Reputation: 5

Mar 10, 2010, 10:46 PM

I don't think god is letting you get hurt its you thinking this way that's hurting, your god gave you free will he never controlled any part of your life he just shows you paths to take the rest is up to you sounds like your very strong on your own just a little lost at the min
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Mar 10, 2010, 10:46 PM

God does not forget about any or his children of forsake them. He loves all regardless of who they are. God is not there to make our lives perfect, he is our father, he is our guide. We all go through trials and difficulties in our lives, that is a part of being human. Never stop believing in him and doing your best to walk in his light, you will be rewarded when it matters, in heaven. God Bless!
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 10:49 PM
    God does not control your life - you do. It's called 'free will'.

Blaming God, your parents or other things in your life for your dissatisfaction or unhappiness doesn't make sense. You're not a passive player in your life, you have choices about what to do and how to respond.

We all have challenges that we need to deal with and we all have things that happen to us which we many not want or understand.

You assume that God has forsaken you because you feel hurt, and your life isn't perfect. In fact, that's the challenge. To continue to believe when things are hard.

God is in all of us (regardless of our spiritual beliefs or religion).
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Mar 11, 2010, 09:14 PM
    Hebrews 13:5&6 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be
    Content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said,
    "I will never leave you nor forsake you". 6 "So we we may boldly say:
    "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Hebrews 13:8, "Jeaus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and
    Forever."

This is why we can trust the Lord, "the Everlasting God" whose
    "ways are everlasting" and who says, "I do not change", Jesus
    remains the same forever. He wants us to know Him and have an
    intimate relashionship with Him. We must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. First we are reponsible for
    renewing our mind, our thinking. When we are saved, God gives us
    a new spirit. Disobedience and rebellion have worn many ugly
    trenches in our minds. So we must meditate on the bible, which
    expresses the thoughts of God. Meditation is more than reading,
    it involves thinking about what the words mean and applying
    the truth we discover. When we meditate on His Word and depend
    upon His Spirit's power to help us put it into practice, our minds
    undergo the wonderful process of transformation. that is how
    we obtain "the mind of Christ". While we are to live, in faith and hope, our most important dwelling place is in God's love. Without making His
    love our unltimate dwelling, we cannot fully live in faith and hope.
    We should refuse to take a step or a breath without remaining keenly
    sensitive to "the greatest of these", Our Father's Love.

Love and Blessing, Maggie 3

Mar 11, 2010, 09:22 PM

I just feel like He gave up on me. I have a lot of drama and I do feel unloved by one of my parents. I was originally from my mom's marriage and it is a touchy issue because my biological father left my mom when I was a barely a month old. I just got my current father when I was four years old. I mean I was blessed by God to come to America (I am actually from Asian descent). God has given me a lot, but I feel like He has given me a lot of drama. If I don't blame God (who sees, hears and knows everything that goes on) then who should I blame when sometimes the worst things that happen to me is not my fault. I don't know what plan he has for me...
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 09:42 PM

I remember an adage from my youth. When in doubt, doubt the doubt.
    God is not the author of doubt so if you run into a situation that you have doubts about, stop and go the opposite direction.
    Blame the one who is the author of fear, doubt. Blame Satan for you fears. He is the one who wants to rob you of what God has designed for your life from before the beginning of time. God is love, God is the author of peace.
    Yes, I know it is difficult. If you were to learn of my history you might see that your life is pretty wonderful. I am not trying to mitigate the things you are going through now, but rather I am trying to show you how to overcome. It is not easy. Do you have a good church that you attend regularly? If you don't, may I encourage you to get into one and get involved. Get help from a pastor if you feel you need it. It is not shameful to ask for help. Heck I ask for help and prayers from my 4 small groups all the time for all the issues that are going on in my life.

Mar 11, 2010, 09:59 PM

The thing is I work on Sundays... All day. I am trying to attend the morning service. But I feel like such a hypocrite if I go
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lea_09 View Post
    I just feel like He gave up on me. I have a lot of drama and I do feel unloved by one of my parents. I was originally from my mom's marriage and it is a touchy issue because my biological father left my mom when I was a barely a month old. I just got my current father when I was four years old. I mean I was blessed by God to come to America (I am actually from Asian descent). God has given me a lot, but I feel like He has given me a lot of drama. If I don't blame God (who sees, hears and knows everything that goes on) then who should I blame when sometimes the worst things that happen to me is not my fault. I don't know what plan he has for me...
    Your other thread shows that you have other issues in your life:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...an-456003.html

But these issues are not created by God - they are created by you and the people, and life experiences that you choose to attract to yourself.

You need to decide what 'plan' you have for yourself and to change your thinking regarding 'blame'. Why do you feel the need to blame God, or Satan or someone else, for the unpleasant things that happen in your life?

It's really important to understand that you have the capacity to create the life that you want and that it's not up to others (or God) to make it 'right' for you.

You will always feel dis-empowered if you continue to believe that God controls your life or punishes you by creating difficult people or situations.
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Mar 12, 2010, 09:19 AM
    It will not make life better for you finding someone to blame when things don't always go in ways you like. We are meant to go through our trials, to rise above and choose to be better people, not make excuses and blame everyone else for the way things turn out. Our background and circumstances may influence who we are, but we are responsible for who we become. God doesn't give us drama, he's given us our lives to live in our own way. Don't give up on your faith, if you hold onto it, it can help you through the hardest of times.

Mar 12, 2010, 12:21 PM

I don't need to blame other people and I have been given a lot of things. But I just want to be happy
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2010, 03:41 PM
    I don't need to blame other people and I have been given a lot of things. But I just wanna be happy
    Your happiness is in your hands, not God's.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 06:03 PM

Yes and happiness is often more a state of mind, Paul spent most of his time as a Christian in prison, being ship wrecked, and more. In his ministry before this, he was normally not paid and had to work for his income. Not a "good" life, his happiness was in his heart and spirit, not in the physcial life he lived.

So who ever said or believed being a Christain would make your life easy, make you rich or give you a good job or more, that is far from the truth.

If you are not attacked or made fun of for your faith, I often wonder if you are really working hard enough for the Lord

We all try to blame God for things that are really not his. If and when you make a step toward Christ, you can find a happiness in your heart, but often taking that step toward Christ you can find the physcial world can often get harder on you

Mar 14, 2010, 06:18 PM

I do realize that people around me get more frustrating when one acts godly. I see it sometimes in one of my old friends. Over the top crazy godly that she didn't think a father and daughter dance was right. I mean what is the difference between being a good christian and being a good christian hypocrite. I see no difference because I only met 3 people in my life who is one and not the other
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 10:58 PM

lea_09,
    Don't blame God.
    The truth is that your problems are consequences of this life and world and how you react to them or because of them.
    We are all victims of suffering because of that and our own free will and actions and thoughts.
    You have received some good answers here.
    Please take them to heart and follow through.
    I believe that God does not give allow us more suffering than we can handle and many, many people are suffering much more than you are.
    I pray for you that God will help you through this life and that it improves for you each step of The Way.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2010, 11:46 PM

Remember when Jesus was on the cross? He thought his own father had forsaken him. God doesn't forsake his children. You may say he has but he he knows you. Satan will try to deceive you and if you listen to him you will find yourself doubting Jesus.

Rebuke him and speak Gods name and say the words of the Lord and he will flee. Our Lord is all powerful and even Satan trembles at the words of the Lord. Pray and pray until you know you have touched Heaven. God Bless!:):)
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 12:10 AM

Kitkat22,
    Very good advice!!
    The Lord's Prayer is a powerful prayer and a very good one to start a person's full prayer time for other intentions, requests, and thanks.
    Giving thanks is very important for it recognizes that fact that all of our good gifts come from God.
    In fact all of the GOOD we have is via the grace of God.
    Praise God!!
    Fred
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 09:56 AM

Thanks Fred... God Bless!
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 03:20 PM

Kitkat22,
    You're welcome.
    I'm happy to be of help.
    At my age of 77 it is my calling.
    I'm here to serve as best I can.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Kitkat22,
    You're welcome.
    I'm happy to be of help.
    At my age of 77 it is my calling.
    I'm here to serve as best I can.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Same to you Fred. God Bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Forsaken sister? Or justice? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My frined got into the difficult situation and don't knoow what to tell her, please help:-she's got a sister wo was allways vile to her,blaming Inesa ( my friend) for everything she has done in the past-20, 30 years ago ( inesa is 40 now). We all grow up doing nauty things, but my friend was...

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

View more questions Search