Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    langbian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Raise framing house cost
    What is the cost difference between lifting (2') up the house and lower the basement? Which one is the better solution?
    freedhardwoods Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2010, 11:30 AM

If you "lowered" your basement you would have to remove the concrete floor, dig down 2' and pour another floor. A big problem with doing that would be that you would be below the bottom of the footers, which would mean you would need to pour new footers while somehow supporting both the basement walls and the house. You are talking about a very major project.

Raising a house (or any other building) off its foundation is a very common project that many companies do. Basically, you just jack up the house, add 2' to your walls, and set the house back down. It is a large project, but not nearly as much work as trying to lower your basement.

I don't know what it costs, but raising the house would be a lot cheaper than lowering the basement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of a court house marriage [ 1 Answers ]

How much does a court house marriage cost?

Cost of house keeping services [ 1 Answers ]

I'm curious as to the going rate of house keeping services in Houston, TX. I'd like a breakdown per bathroom and per room, even as far as shelves to be dusted and windows to be cleaned, but anything would help.

Cost basis for 4 heirs of a house when 2 want to buy out other 2? [ 2 Answers ]

4 siblings inherited a house from father and got an independent appraisal for value RANGE of $185,000-$210,000 and a suggested listing price of $204,000 on day of death. Question 1: Which of these figures is the FAIR MARKET VALUE of the home that should be the stepped-up cost basis for the...

View more questions Search