Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    021861 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 06:12 PM
    I wire transferred $13,000 to a friend in China. What are the tax implications?
    I helped a Taiwan national, working in the States, wire transfer $13,000 to her family in Taiwan. Is this something that could become a flag for me with the IRS. It was not my money and she earned it in the States.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 06:14 PM

Do you have documentation to prove what your saying? The reason Im asking is because funds of that size may raise eyebrows with homeland security. That is who you really need to be worried about.
    021861 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 08:14 PM
    I have no documentation to prove this was not my money and the Taiwan friend didn't receive this income over the table (good ole American cash). So, there is no proof of documentation. Neither party is a terrorist or in league with terrorists. I just want to know if I've raised any flags with the IRS, by using my identity to wire transfer this money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Us tax liability on funds transferred from australia [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering a venture were I will have an account with an Australian currency broker. Periodically, I will want to have some of the profits sent to me here in the US. About $100,000 to $150,000 a year. What are the tax liabilities when I bring the funds to the US?

Self H1B, wife transferred from H4 to F1 in Aug'07 - What is our tax filing status? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I were in the US right from the beginning of 2007. I have been on H1B throughout the calendar year. We are citizens of India. She was on H4 attending school full time starting Sept 2006. We filed for her change of status to F1 visa. Her application was approved on Aug 08, 2007,...

View more questions Search