Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 11:51 PM

When those thoughts hit you-as they will on occasion,that's normal,like Tal said,get busy.

Have a backup plan.
    Watch a comedy dvd,go for a run or come here and help out.

And know that those feelings will go away with time.

You're doing well,so pat yourself on the back.
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

Mar 25, 2010, 12:05 AM

Thank you amicon, yea that's what I have been doing Since I posted thread. I was just reading darkdays post, and when I got done reading it made me feel better to know that some one has it worst then I do. I have been keeping myself busy but today I wasn't really busy with the business so I guess I had a lot of free time for my mind to float away. I just hate, I hate her for making me feel this way. I know I'm better off though but just can't help my thoughts. Ohh one more, listening to break up music some how makes me feel better do you know any songs about breaking up.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Showme_urmove View Post
    thank you amicon, yea thats what i have been doing Since i posted thread. I was just reading darkdays post, and when i got done reading it made me feel better to know that some one has it worst then i do. I have been keeping myself busy but today i wasnt really busy with the business so i guess i had alot of free time for my mind to float away. I just hate, i hate her for making me feel this way. I know i'm better off though but just can't help my thoughts. Ohh one more, listening to break up music some how makes me feel better do you know any songs about breaking up.
    You are going to get through this show me. I'm counting on you!

Mar 28, 2010, 01:57 PM

Hey guys, so its been awhile since I had any contact with my ex, and plan to keep that forever. But here is a little dilemma, all this week I had my ups and downs but I was good so far, kept myself busy and did what I have to do to heal, then Saturday came and I got invited by my brother to go and party with him and all his frats and friends. When we got there, he had introduce me to this girl he was friends with, she was really cute and out going, smart and seems to get all her things together. Only one problem she has the same name as my ex. We both talked took lots of pictures and even invited me to dance with her. After they left I couldn't get her out my head, do you think she has any interest on me? Then all of a sudden I started missing my ex, then I woke up this morning still missing my ex, is this feeling normal, what do you think I should do, should I ask my bro for her number or ask him to hook us up together or should I just focus on myself till I heal completely. I really did had a good time but for some reason I still can't get my ex off my head while I talk to other girls. Other thing, if it is good for me to contact other girls, how can I contact her without her thinking weird about me. Do you think it's a good idea to get her number from my bro, or should I just have him tell her that I'm interested on her and I want to talk to her. What do you think I should be doing. Thanks a lot
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2010, 02:06 PM
    hey guys, so its been awhile since i had any contact with my ex, and plan to keep that forever. But here is a little dilemma, all this week i had my ups and downs but i was good so far, kept myself busy and did what i have to do to heal, then Saturday came and i got invited by my brother to go and party with him and all his frats and friends. when we got there, he had introduce me to this girl he was friends with, she was really cute and out going, smart and seems to get all her things together. only one problem she has the same name as my ex. We both talked took lots of pictures and even invited me to dance with her. after they left i couldnt get her out my head, do you think she has any interest on me? then all of a sudden i started missing my ex, then i woke up this morning still missing my ex, is this feeling normal, what do you think i should do, should i ask my bro for her number or ask him to hook us up together or should i just focus on myself till i heal completely. i really did had a good time but for some reason i still can't get my ex off my head while i talk to other girls. other thing, if it is good for me to contact other girls, how can i contact her without her thinking weird about me. do you think its a good idea to get her number from my bro, or should i just have him tell her that im interested on her and i want to talk to her. what do you think i should be doing. thanks alot
    Everyone goes through this as they get over someone! You can do it!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2010, 10:00 PM

Your feelings are normal at this stage,its still a bit of a rollercoaster.

A word of advice-meet and get to know new people-but don't jump into a new relationship.

Rebounds are not a good thing.

Heal properly before you even start thinking of future relationships.

Mar 28, 2010, 10:21 PM

Thank you guys, yea I am seeing new people and I'm not jumping in a new relationship, I don't want any relationship for a long time but soemtimes I feel like I want a girlfriend. But I'm doing my best to heal the proper way. Thank you guys for being here and helping me heal, it is getting easier and easier each day.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2010, 10:23 PM
    thank you guys, yea i am seeing new people and im not jumping in a new relationship, i dont want any relationship for a long time but soemtimes i feel like i want a gf. But im doing my best to heal the proper way. thank you guys for being here and helping me heal, it is getting easier and easier each day.

Glad to hear it! You can get through this! We're all here for you!:)

Mar 29, 2010, 01:35 PM

Thanks every one. I'm really moving on faster then I thought I would, Last night I had a dream about her on and off but for some reason I feel no pain, I don't even miss her when I woke up. Still feel a little lost every morning I wake up but the pain I feel is no longer there when I wake up. Thanks again everyone. Its almost been a month since she broke it off with me, and I'm healing faster then I thought I would. I still miss her here and there but not as bad as before. NO CONTACT does really work aslong as you apply it. For the new people that just got their heart broken, please take it from me, staying in contact with your ex doesn't make any better except it only makes you want her even more. Stay no contact its hard at first but when you continue with it, each day does gets better and better. I thought it wouldn't work at first but I was wrong, it takes time and patience and the longer you don't stay in contact with your ex the more you realized that you can do better. Like what KP said, there is a billion of girls here in this world one girl can only make you happy.
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 01:40 PM
    thanks every one. I'm really moving on faster then i thought i would, Last night i had a dream about her on and off but for some reason i feel no pain, i dont even miss her when i woke up. Still feel a little lost every morning i wake up but the pain i feel is no longer there when i wake up. Thanks again everyone. its almost been a month since she broke it off with me, and i'm healing faster then i thought i would. I still miss her here and there but not as bad as before. NO CONTACT does really work aslong as you apply it. For the new people that just got their heart broken, please take it from me, staying in contact with your ex doesnt make any better except it only makes you want her even more. Stay no contact its hard at first but when you continue with it, each day does gets better and better. I thought it wouldnt work at first but i was wrong, it takes time and patience and the longer you dont stay in contact with your ex the more you realized that you can do better. Like what what KP said, there is a billion of girls here in this world one girl can only make you happy.
    YEAH! WAY TO GO! Here is a big HUG:D
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 01:42 PM

Good work-keep going-stay around,you give good advice and are helping others-way to go!

Mar 30, 2010, 01:27 AM

Hey every one so here is an update. Around 12:57 Am I got the same text twice from my ex saying "its funny how you say you love me but do nothing to prove it well have a nice life and iam done waiting goodbye glen now all we have are memories goodbye:)" I don't get what she is trying to do. When I got that text so mad I want to text her back and say I want to fight for us, but that was just my emotion at the moment, so I didn't and I stop and think and I feel good. I am continuing to do NC and I will always, I don't want to be her friend now or forever, I am finally having my life. I just want to ask why do you think she did that, I don't get it. Just a question that's been going through my mind. I feel better but still I have her on my mind on and off but not as bad. Thanks again to all of you, if I didn't found this site I know I would jump in her trap and get myself hurt really bad. So thank you, I really do appreciate all your help
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 01:39 AM

Glen,keep ignoring her-mindgames and she is frustrated because you don't bite.

Goodbye forever,she already said that,sorry,but one word comes to mind,loser.

You're well rid of her.

Mar 30, 2010, 01:46 AM

Thanks amicon yea I know she said that many times, it sucks cause when I get that text it makes my heart jump. But I am doing better then ever. I don't know why she's doing that mindgames. Does she have a life, why does she have to bother me.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 02:09 AM

She 's a manipulative controlfreak,that's why.

Can you change your number?

Or block her.

Mar 30, 2010, 02:21 AM

I tried but my phone company don't have it in their system for some reason, I can't change my # cause its also a business #. I can see that cause her mom is very manipulative and a controlfreak over her. Can she get that trait from her mother?
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 02:31 AM

Possibly-children learne from their parents,I guess.

Can you change your actual cell,some come with a block function.
    the_original Posts: 177, Reputation: 51

Mar 30, 2010, 02:41 AM

Haha man women love it when you ignore them... it's kind of funny actually once they lose the power. Staying NC was the best decision of your break up man, because as you said in my thread, it would have been reset back to day 1... and now you have some power and she is losing hers... it should put a smile on your face. I don't know how many other threads I have read where people break NC... think they are doing the right thing, only to realize they made things worse, and thus feel worse (myself included)

You give us all hope... wheres emopunk he needs to read more threads like this
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by the_original View Post
    haha man women love it when you ignore them...it's kinda funny actually once they lose the power. staying NC was the best decision of your break up man, because as you said in my thread, it would have been reset back to day 1....and now you have some power and she is losing hers.....it should put a smile on your face. I dont know how many other threads i have read where people break NC....think they are doing the right thing, only to realize they made things worse, and thus feel worse (myself included)

you give us all hope....wheres emopunk he needs to read more threads like this
    Good for you!! You are doing great! Proud of you!:)

Apr 14, 2010, 10:56 PM

Hey everyone so here is an update about my ex. She change her number and called me, I was surprised that it was her, its been awhile since she tried contacting me. Again I have done no contact and all I've been trying to do is move on with my life. Will here's what happened, We were both talking and she said that she misses me a lot and that she still do love me, and that she wants to work things out, while we were both talking she told me if I still have her things. When she moved out, some of her things was still in my house, so I gathered them all and put it in the box, anyway I drop off her things and I thought it was just a hi and bye, she got in the car and then started crying, she was saying that she misses that old times and that we both had been through a lot. She said that she wants to talk more and work things out so we can get back together. After I had done the NC she is doing her best to get incontact with me, I know you guys are going to get mad but part of me do want to talk and work out the issues that broke us apart, and part of me just don't want to deal with her and just to move on.

Do you think if two people talk and tried fixing the issues that it can work out for the best? or is it just all a fantasy. I have not done anything to contact her, she had sent me a text here and there before, and I didn't replied. Do you think she's playing this mind games or did she really realized what she lost. If you guys can be honest and don't hold back with your advice I would highly appreciate it.
    Thank you for taking your time to read my post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am an Amerian girl in love with an Iranian Persian guy. [ 17 Answers ]

High school is almost over for me, and I am very serious about this relationship I have with my boyfriend. He is from Iran, whitch means his family is VERY different from my hot dog eating, loud, non-artistic, small, divorced family. He is persian. His parents want two things for thery're only...

I'm A White Girl, In Love With An Asian Male. [ 13 Answers ]

Ok,so I'm a white girl and I'm in love with an asian I just want people views if they think this is right,or wrong :confused: I don't care what other people think,I've been with him for 2 years, I just wanted an input onwhat other peoples views were :)

In love and hurting REALLY BAD! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 13 my names katie and I'm not dating him I used to tll someone convinced me to brake up with him and I still love him I can't see him on myspacce let alone in person without wanting to cry I don't know what to do anymore! I love him he's in my mind 24/7 ughh I want it to stop I wish I wouldn't...

I like this girl, however I can't tell if she likes me back. Maybe she's a flirt? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, now before I get into it I want to let you know the situation. I'm 17 and the girl I like is 17. I met her online in a game we both play daily(I know seems lame). However I have strong feelings for her that are hard to suppress. We both live in the USA and I'm like an 8 hour flight from...

A girl I fell for. [ 5 Answers ]

Well il explain it as it is. There is a girl I've known a fair time & I've always been in love with her & she really does confuse me.. She says she is in love with me as well.. but can't leave her boyfreind for the minute.. me & her where close friends & even had sex on occasion.. but I'd fell...

View more questions Search