Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amazeme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 01:57 PM
    How to get rid of a keloid
    I got my belly button pierced in December and now sinc elike 2 weeks ago I have a bump right next to the top hole it feels kind of tender but it also feels like there liquid inside it, it hurts if I press down on it, but other then that it doesn't hurt so much. What is it and how do I get rid of it, I think it grew a little within the last week.
    marcelina Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2010, 02:17 PM

Ok I have been a body piercer for about six years now and this is extremely common.
    1) is there swelling? If there is swelling and looks like the bar is 2 short you may need a longer one for the healing time.
    2) go to your local grocery store and buy SEA SALT, make sure it is pure sea salt not epsom salt or table salt. Most stores carry it and it is under three dollars.
    Take a 1/4 cup of hot water, as hot and you can stand it and a teaspoon-teaspoon and half of sea salt. Stir it so it disolves. Since this is your belly button either get a small cup and soak your piercing, I understand this can be hard so if you have problems use a paper towel. The goal is soak it, do this twice a day. Either the stuff inside should dry up, or come out (which is normal)
    Do not touch your piercing with dirty fingers, do not use neosporin, in fact the ONLY thing you should be using on this piercing is dial soap and sea salt. You should see improvement in a few days, if not let me know.

Also don't wear jeans that ride on your piercing or any pants... keep it clean, keep it away from dirt of any sort. Try not to get your body wash on it.

FYI belly piercings can take awhile to heal, it's not uncommon to have some sort of problem for few months.. total complete heal time for belly is 6 months. Also make sure when you clean it you are getting all the crust off the bar before you move it up and down (only should be done when cleaning piercing with dial)
    amazeme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 03:35 PM

I'm not sure what it is but yea it like kind of pinkish reddish and like its swelled up when I touch it it doesn't feel completely hard it feels like there's fluid inside. My friend said to pop it to get the stuff out is that a bad idea or does that also help? And I also heard you can use tea tree oil?
    nadski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 03:25 PM

Can you guys answer mine pleaseplease
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-c...id-476759.html
    latiaj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 09:37 PM
    What do I do if I had one done to my cartilage,I took it out but scared ill have that forever what do I do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of a keloid? [ 4 Answers ]

How Do I get rid of a keloid?

How do you get rid of a keloid on tongue [ 0 Answers ]

i got my tongue pierced about mid december. and recently ive noticed a keloid growing on bottom and when it stopped one grew in on top. what can i do to make them go away. i rinse just about 2 times a day, when i forst got it it was just about every hr or so id actually rinse it. i followed all the...

How to get rid of a keloid scar [ 2 Answers ]

I got my hip peircing and they did it in the wrong spot.I have keloid scars and dey are red.. purple.

Keloid from my lip piercing.how do I get rid of it! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a keloid on my lip from where I got my lip pierced. Its really big and looks like a gross pimple that just Won't go away. What should I do?

View more questions Search