Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tripple Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:33 PM
    Do husbands regret leaving there wives
    My husband of 12 years is in love, he says with this girl he went to school with 20 years ago. (They never went out in HS).Left me and my 3 kids. She has 3 kids and is getting a divorce.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 10, 2010, 12:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear that.

Yes, occasionally they have regrets, but sometimes not. Who's to say?

It may seem difficult now, but live to make him regret leaving you. Try to be happy and move forward with your kids... leave him in your dust.

Good luck
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 02:58 PM

I am sorry for the betrayal and the devastation this has caused you.

It will be a long and difficult road for you to regain your footing after such a long relationship, and three children together.

My best advise to you is to is to think practically right now. Get a lawyer and make sure that you are aware and prepared for what is to come, as far as assets, support, custody, etc.

He may very well regret what he has done at some point, but you need to take care of yourself in the meanwhile.

There are many here who can sympathize with you, who have been in your shoes, and lived to tell about it. You aren't alone.
    tripple Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 08:55 AM

Thanks for your help.. I'm just so confused that he can talk about moving in with her and says he loves her within 2 or 3 months.. It just happening so fast and were filing the divorce papers today.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 11, 2010, 11:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Lets face it that is what it boils down to. The death of a relationship. No point in trying to save it either. Does he regret it? Its hard to say, I know it certainly couldn't have been an easy choice but most men don't do these things on such a spur of the moment time. It is most likley that he has been unsatisfied for a while (even if he said nothing) and she came along at a good time. Or rather a horrible time for you. My guess is she is his way for comfort through this, though it was horrible not to leave you with some type of comfort.

Usually I wouldn't ever suggest this as I have found that a lot of times it seems like men get taken to the cleaners after a devorce and in my opinion that isn't all that fair but in this case I'd say go for blood (figure of speach) and get everything from him that you can. If he doesn't regret this at the moment he will when you're done with him.

My fiancé has told me several times that if I ever devorce her she will completely ruin me. (she wouldn't ever really do that but she likes to make idol threats like that.) In a case like this, a twelve year marriage down the tubes because of a girl he had a crush on in high school? He cheated, he lied, and most of all he treated you like crap in this, take him for all he has. Just my opinion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 12:37 PM

Yes he will have regrets, after he starts raising anothers kids, and paying child support for his own.

I think eventually the numbers will catch up to him, and the responsibilities, so while I am very sorry for your loss, you are free to recover, and have a better life yourself.

Take the money, and run, after 12 years, you have a lot coming.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 04:18 PM

Most of the time when men leave one woman for another, it never works out. Also, keep in mind, that if he left you for her, he’ll l probably leave her for someone else.

The "honeymoon" state of mind that he's in right now with her will eventually turn into a routine. Men have the tendency to get bored once things get to be a routine. If he does end up getting bored, he may try crawling back to you when things do not work out with her. If he does. Hopefully by then you will see clearly what a loser he is and not give him the time of day.

Dust yourself off, keep moving and do not waste your time looking back at where you've been. If it didn't work out the first time, it won't work out the next time either. Keep smiling! It WILL get better.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2010, 10:52 PM
    A therapist I know that works with families and "specializes" in divorce says over 60% of men remarry (diff spouse) within two years of divorce, and that number starts to push 80% within four years...

And if I'm not mistaken, id read somewhere that the number of men that remarry within the first year is around 30%... which seems shockingly high to me, and I wish I had proof of that one way or the other...
    hungtoronto Posts: 162, Reputation: 34

Apr 15, 2010, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    a therapist i know that works with families and "specializes" in divorce says over 60% of men remarry (diff spouse) within two years of divorce, and that number starts to push 80% within four years...

and if im not mistaken, id read somewhere that the number of men that remarry within the first year is around 30%... which seems shockingly high to me, and i wish i had proof of that one way or the other...
    Which beg the question, why do we want to get marry lol.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 05:57 AM

I think many men do regret their decision to leave. Most of the time when men leave one woman for another, it never works out. Also, keep in mind, that if he left you for her, he’ll l probably leave her for someone else.

The honeymoon state of mind that he may be in with her will eventually turn into a routine. Men have the tendency to get bored once things turn into a routine.

With this being said, if he does end up getting bored, he may try crawling back to you when things don't work out with her. If he does try crawling back to you, hopefully by then you'll not give him the time of day.

Dust yourself off, keep moving forward and don't waste your time looking back at where you have been. If it did not work out the first time, it will not work out the next time.

Keep smiling! It WILL get better.
    confession18 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 07:56 AM
    If he can leave you like that after having 3 kids and starting a family together, I don't think a guy like that is going to regret leaving you. He's an ******* and you deserve better. Don't cry for someone like that because they will only hold you back in life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feed up with my husbands friend I want her to get out of my husbands life. [ 9 Answers ]

My husband has go a friend, they have been friends for quit a long time. I am sick of her, you want to konow why? She used to email him email with some strong words, e.g. Hi sweetheart am missing you so much but I can't call you, please at least text me heavly love Lety. How are dear? You are so...

WIVES are unreasonable, sometimes [ 10 Answers ]

What gives with wives nowadays. Just because the gutters on the house have been clogged since Moses brought down the tablets is no reason for me to have to clean them in the middle of a Nor'Easter. Yes, I could have done it four or five times in July and even more times in August, September,...

Husbands and Wives both hurt [ 3 Answers ]

I just happened to come across this website because I was seeking information that would help my wife become regain her interest in intimacy and closeness. But looking on the internet is really not the answer. I need to look to myself to do this but I am no longer possess any characteristics or...

Old wives tales [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone have any interesting old wives tales about pregnancy that they can share... I'm trying to see if any gender pretiction ones are accurate for twins... lol.. before we go in for the u/s that will tell us.

Things That wives do to make their husbands mad [ 2 Answers ]

Ok her is the question. Things that wives do to make husbands mad. 1. Hunny make some tea.(As the wife is 2 feet from the stove and your in another room or she calls you in from outside) 2. When she uses all the hot water 3. Her fav. Race car driver is Jeff Gordon (And yours is A Diff. racer)...

View more questions Search