Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 29, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Feeling quite ill
    OK so lately id say the last.. 2 maybe 3 days I've felt really sick at some times and more or less fine at others
    I haven't been eating a lot but I try to make sure I have something at every meal
    I've been throwing up a lot, this morining I had a peanut butter sandwich which I ate at probably half a bite every few minutes and a glass of water and about 20 minutes later I threw it all up
    Since then I had a shower and settled down, nothing else to eat, and I feel probably 60%
    I don't have the money or a heathcare card so I can't see a doctor, so should I just stock up on vitamins and try to keep eating?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 29, 2006, 06:00 PM
    I know how you feel with the heathcare woes. For many years, I didn't have health insurance either and had to doctor myself.

Unfortunately, this being your third day of serious symptoms, and no sign of improvement, it may be time to see a doctor, normally a simple exam cost an uninsured person about $100-$300 depending on whether you have been there or not, many doctors will take what you have up front and work with you on the rest.

As for what you have, well, its hard to say, if you have a fever, that's a sign that you have an infection somewhere. Maybe a sinus infection or something. You could have a touch of food poisening. Maybe stomach flu.

Until you see the doctor, I would make sure you drink plenty of fluids, all this vomiting can dehydrate you. Apple juice seems to work for me when Im ill. Gingerale also helps settle the stomach.

Relax as much as possible, hopefully you won't have to work through this. Having to work while you are sick is an awful feeling. What ever it is Im sure will pass, but if this doesn't start getting better in the next couple of days, Id go see a doctor.

IN FACT you may want to set up an appointment if you can. You don't want to wait 3 days, then rack up a 105 degree temp and wind up in the ER. That is THE LAST place an uninsured person wants to be. If you go to the ER, count on a thousand dollar bill just for walking in the door. Try the doctors office first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Often feel ill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Five weeks a go I left a very stressful job where I was working 70 hours a week and ever since I keep feeling unwell. I don't know if the two are related. I feel ill for a week or so, then OK for a few days, then ill again. When feeling unwell, the symptoms are mild but noticeable. I feel...

Ill and repulsive mesh on basement floor [ 1 Answers ]

Debra McCarrell New Member Join Date: Aug 2006 Posts: 0 Sewage from the toilet is backing on the basement floor. Problem may be washing powder, toilet paper, and some foreign object. Can you help me? I am disgusted and broke.

Mentally ill parents [ 7 Answers ]

As some of you may know, both my biological parents had a serious mental illness. I am working on a book for adult children of mentally ill parents, sort of a semi-autobiography of my own life, but I would also like to include stories from others. I have interviewed a few people in my city, but I...

Mentally ill parent and their debt [ 3 Answers ]

My parent has been declared mentally and physically unable to handle anything. Entered the nursing home from the hospital and has several credit card debts. Sold home to settle debts five years ago, and at the time was mentally/physically able to make all decisions. For the last two years, I...

Daschund Ill [ 2 Answers ]

My daschund is turning four this Dec. 15, and she's having problems that aren't becoming of her personality. Meaning, she used to be active, and very energetic, but nowadays she's very lethargic, and has a habit of "sitting" everywhere. I hope it isn't her back, but I can't find a lot of...

View more questions Search