Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerybeauty Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 07:08 AM
    I did not steal, yet they DEDUCTED money off my paycheck
    I have two jobs, one is which part time for 1 day on Saturday. I work there 10 to 6 on sat. Last Saturday, the boss went on vacation for two weeks, and his son was left in charge. I was working with my coworker that had been there for years. The son had to come and do paperwork that day and stayed for a couple of hours.
    We closed with 200 hundred dollars short and we were really shocked. We had no clue what happened to the money. The next day, the son came in and started yelling at me and telling me someone had to take it and since he doesn't noe who, he will take it off both of our paychecks.
    Is he allowed to do that? He pushed me out of the store because I started defending myself about not taking money off my paycheck. He began getting very irritated and what seemed like trying to find little things to blame on someone.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 07:37 AM

I don't know if they can deduct it or not, but someone that angry and defensive sounds like he's hiding something!

I worked at a large groccery chain when Iw as in high school, and my till came up $0.35 short, 35 dang cents, my boss said I had to repay it, when I went to dig the change out of my purse he said "oh no, this comes off your pay cheque"!
    flowerybeauty Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:35 PM

He has a very bad history and I would not even slightly not think that he had something to do with it, I'm just wondering can he actually take money off my pay even though I had nothing to do with it?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 01:51 PM

I wish I knew, I really don't have a clue of he legally can or not. I am sure one of our experts will come along soon as give you the answer. JUst keep checking back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my boss deduct money from paycheck for wrecking company car? [ 11 Answers ]

My husband was driving the bosses car to making a delivery. The breaks went out and he totaled the car. The car was fully covered and his boss wants him to pay the $1000 deductable. His boss wants to deduct from his paycheck every other week about $50-$75, can his boss do that?

Can Child support be deducted out of my paycheck for my husbands order ? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is self employeed. He pays his child support accurately. His ex-wife is angry at him right now and says that she can have his child support deducted out of my paycheck. Now I find that hard to believe considering that is not my child support order or children. Is that possible? Is there...

Owners took money from my paycheck (ACCUSED [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for the owners at a gas station and I never got to count my until we all three ran on it I never new what was in there well I guess 97 dollars came up missing and I was told by the owner of the gas station that I was going to have to pay it well Sunday I went in and I just told her that I...

View more questions Search