Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedude78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2010, 11:56 PM
    How much is a sheet of 4 uncut G series 1976 2 dollar star notes worth?
    I have a sheet of 4 uncut 1976 2 dollar bills that I bought at the mint in D.C. years ago. They are star notes and are from the Chicago branch making them G series. Any idea what they are worth?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 10:29 PM

THE DUDE78=none of the notes have been folded I hope;Do keep clean no folds;;
    I will say this first- They are valuable, OK I don't hsave my book on the values on this type yet; its orderd ;;But I will do some checking on this tomorrow;; Now the red book on UNITED STATES PAPER MONEY nor the black book don't have this in there books;; if you sell to a collector thery are even more vaueable then selling out right or pawning them;;If you want some names of people ;; that has interest in this type of paper Note
    OK NOW WHAT you have been waiting on {VF-40(*)$2.00 1976G searies{$10.00 EACH;
    IN UNC AND UNC-63(*)note ;UNC-63=$50.00 EACH} THESE can be worth a lot more to a collector;; HAVE a great night vand GOD BLESS;;F.B.E.

Mar 14, 2010, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle View Post
    THE DUDE78=none of the notes have been folded I hope;Do keep clean no folds;;
    I will say this first- They are valuable, ok I dont hsave my book on the values on this type yet; its orderd ;;But I will do some checking on this tomorrow;; Now the red book on UNITED STATES PAPER MONEY nor the black book don't have this in there books;; if you sell to a collector thery are even more vaueable then selling out right or pawning them;;If you want some names of people ;; that has interest in this type of paper Note
    OK NOW WHAT you have been waiting on {VF-40(*)$2.00 1976G searies{$10.00 EACH;
    IN UNC AND UNC-63(*)note ;UNC-63=$50.00 EACH} THESE can be worth a lot more to a collector;; HAVE a great night vand GOD BLESS;;F.B.E.
    Thank you very much for your response. They have not been folded in any way and are in pretty good shape from what I can see. I got them in DC about 20 years ago when I was a teenager. My mother framed them along with an insert describing what the markings on the bills mean. They have been under glass in that same frame since the early 90s. I am more of a coin collector but I cannot see any blemished on the bills so I am guessing they are a high grade.

Thanks again for your response. Let me know if you find out anything else.

Jim aka TheDude78
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 10:50 PM

thedude78-JIM you are more then welcome; I enjoy doing this very much
    I have been a coin collector since I was & years old and I am now in my 70's:>:heres a little thought or you , A couple years ago a person asked me this question;; why do I like saving old coins and what do I get out of it ; my answer is , When I find a old coin or currency , in sort of a way I put myself into that time, I wonder who had that coin in their pocket, where all has it been, I mean that its part of the history of this country,and I just wonderI have one coin that is in ef condition and it's dated [1639-king george the 2nd] I wonder did he himself carry that coin in his pocket . Where all had it been ; it is a British coin ,but was found down in ala. A friend of my found it while he was using the rottor tiller turning his garden over;;. Well I'm going to get out of here for now; Just as soon as I find out a few more things on your note I will let you know. Have a great day and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Mar 17, 2010, 12:07 AM

I totally agree with you eagle. I love getting that connection too. I am a coin collector by default because I metal detect. There is nothing quite like digging up a 100 year old coin that has been in the ground for so long, knowing that the last person to touch it lived in a world completely different from ours. I just love old silver coins too, the look and the feel and the sound of them. It is a very fun hobby.

Jim
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 01:49 AM
    Flying Blue Eagle will come through for you! He always tries his best and works like crazy trying to find the information!

I too, am a coin and currency collector. But, it's been a long time since I've really concentrated on it. Being on this site has renewed my interest in it, though!

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 10:23 PM

Clough and JIM- IM a Bad boy ,why .well Barb and I went to a acution one FRIDAY night and we got there early because I had brought about 15 coins to show the auctioneer >Well one was a 1739 coin and others were very early 1800s, The auctioneer got so excideted holding mainly the 1739 coin that when hwe got up and started ,he was messing up royaly. He called his relief up to take over,and told every one why he was so shook up ,one thing he said was that the 1739 coin was the oldest coin he had ever seen and held and about some of the others, WOW IM not kidding , he would tell you i.e. he was here right now ; it was sooooofunny; Youal have a great night and a better tomorrow, GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    Valeriexs2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 10:06 AM
    I have a 1/2 sheet, 16 note, 1976 of $2 dollar bills. The word series has no letters etc with it. The "K" that has a circle around it says Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Texas. What is a star note? And what is this sheet worth?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is my 1976 2 dollar bill worth [ 6 Answers ]

How much is my 1976 2 dollar bill worth

1928 & 1976 $2 Dollar Bill Worth [ 16 Answers ]

I have a 1928G series two dollar bill Red Seal Red numbers, also a 1976 two dollar bill with Green Seal and green numbers. Can you tell me anything about these. The 1928 is somewhat worn but the 1976 is very Crisp with only a fold nor other wear that I can tell. Thank You

2 dollar bill 1976 star note L series value [ 1 Answers ]

just curious as to the value. Very crisp but circulated. Green seal. Star Note after serial.

1935 G siver series dollar bill with star [ 1 Answers ]

I have been holding onto a couple of these and wanted to know if they are actually worth anything... 1st.. 1935 G Silver Certificate $1.00, star in serial #.. *12346973G.. series1935G F7990 names on it are Smith and Dillon, there is no "In God we trust" on the back. 2nd... 1935 D Silver...

What are my 1976 two dollar bills worth ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two two dollar bills with the letter I on them and there from minneapolis Minnesota. What are they worth?

View more questions Search