Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phyrak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 09:30 PM
    I want to install a run capacitor to my house electrical power supply, is it possible
    My purpose is to save the energy consumption which is normally goes by reactive power.
    I want to get the get the store of electrical to minimize the power consumption which normally goes up by the number of start-up of the compressor.
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Mar 13, 2010, 01:04 PM

This installation of a capacitor will only reduce you electric bill if the power company that supplies your power charges you for kVAR-Hours in addition to kWh or if they cahrge you for "power factor". Find this out before you go and buy a capacitor.

If they do charge you for "power factor" or kVARh, then a capacitor will save you some money. You may want to ask the power company engineers what size capacitor you would need to buy to reduce your power factor.

Hope this helps,

Newton1Law

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start capacitor/ run capacitor info [ 3 Answers ]

OK I think I have narrowed my problem down to either a run capacitor or my start capacitor My fan on top of my unit runs but the compressor will hum for about 3-5 seconds every 5 minutes or so . Is it possible for my duel run capacitor to let the fan run but not let the compressor run, or is...

Can you run a 208 volt heating panel on 240 volt electrical supply [ 1 Answers ]

I have a baseboard electric heater that is 208 volts. My power supply is 240 volts. What will happen if I try to run m y 240 volt electrical supply to my 208 volt electric baseboard heater?

Dual run capacitor(3 terminals).or is single run capacitor(2 terminals) OK? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have an older Amana HVAC system in my home. Home is 6yrs old. It Appears that my condenser unit was struck by lightning because one of the 3 terminals on the dual run capacitor was blown/melted and all the wires connected to the dual run capacitor were fried (It did storm the...

Correct way to run power from house to outbuildings? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 400A 230V service that runs from a transformer on a pole to a meter box located on the side of the house. Out of the meter enclosure are two 2/0 cu cables that run to two separate 200A service panels in the basement. One panel contains all the breakers for the house. The other panel...

Install a new eletrical power outlet in a house [ 4 Answers ]

I want help with the process of installing a new electrical power outlet in my house

View more questions Search