Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RAREiNDiViDUAl Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2010, 04:18 PM

&& Is this betterr [Synnenn] L M A O .

:p
    QUEENBRI Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2010, 09:59 PM
    Rareindividual, you are pretty ! i've used topiclear lightening exfoliating soap. It worked very fast on my face . You can get this from your local beauty supply store. Or some grocery stores located in the feminine section. How are things working for you so far ?
    foxiebrownie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowannabe View Post
    I've used it for about 4 months now and I'd say you'll see noticeable results within 2 months. I think the fastest that I saw it work was when I mixed it with bioclaire lightening body cream and some lemon juice. The only thing is that my skin is very acne prone, and Dr. Fred Summit is extremely greasy, so I always have to use Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub and Neutrogena's Clear Pores Cleanser/Mask.
    Hi,

Is Dr. Fred what you been using the whole time to get lighter?

Mar 22, 2010, 05:51 PM

YES ,

IT iS .

:)

Mar 22, 2010, 06:04 PM

HERE ARE SOME PiCS THAT I bEST REPRESENT MY CURRENT COMPlEXiON :

&& THiS iS MY SH0RT TERM G0Al - MEAGAN G00d

&& MY l0NG TERM/iDEAl G0AL- HAlLE BERRY 0R KERi HiLSON

Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 07:30 AM

Seriously--Use typing that is not so difficult to read.

All caps on the internet is "shouting", and I seriously do not comprehend how anyone can put in random lower case letters like that.

PLEASE use the default font and type correctly, using capital letters for the beginning of a sentence, for emphasis, and for proper nouns.

Mar 23, 2010, 09:36 AM

Who are you??

And why are you so worried about the way i type??

If yu can't contribute to my question than get off here sir

l0ve, rareindividual :]
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 10:09 AM

I'm a moderator.

I don't have to contribute to your question--I have to make sure the people responding are obeying the rules.

When you signed up for AMHD, you agreed to abide by the rules of the site.

You can see the rules HERE: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.ph...#faq_faq_rules

Please specifically refer to point 2.

I was warning you that you are breaking the rules--and that if you continue to break the rules, you will be reprimanded.

Your respect of other members is mandatory. If you cannot treat me with respect, you are setting the example that you cannot treat anyone with respect.

PS--I'm female, and would prefer the address "ma'am".
    Yellowannabe Posts: 67, Reputation: 12

Mar 23, 2010, 08:09 PM

Sorry for the late response. I've been visiting friends down south so I haven't been able to keep up with my regimen or with AMHD. Anywho: I'm back =]

QueenBri: Thanks so much for the compliment. I'm actually more brown, especially now after being downsouth, than light skinned. Rareindividual posted a picture of Meagan Good and that's my exact skin color right now. I'm trying to get to Lala's complexion... I posted her picture on the first pg. I believe.

Maharani: Thank you so much! I appreciate that. =]

Honeycaramel:
    My regimen :

1. I wake up and wash my face with Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Scrub. It's great for pimples and exfoliation. It costs around 8 dollars in CVS/Rite Aid.

2. I apply a mixture of Dr.Fred Summit's + Bio claire Lightening Body Cream + Lemon Juice on my face 2-3 times a day. I used dr.fred summit, neoprosone, and movate on my body 2-3 times a day. Please note that the body method was for 2 weeks and although it lightened me about a shade, I wouldn't recommend it because it has made my skin thin, easily scar prone and very itchy. No fun.

3. I use Neutrogena's Clear Pores Mask 2-3 times a week to make sure I don't have any breakouts. This is around 8 dollars also.

4. I use 100% African shea butter to keep my skin moist and help new cells.

I plan to add a lactic peel to my regimen soon to peel off old skin cells/scars.

Mar 23, 2010, 08:19 PM

Foxiebrownie: Sorry I left you out of the last post. But I've used a bunch of products.

I've used Esoterica Night Cream, Bioclaire, Movate(dangerous, but if you choose to use it, don't use on face), Neoprosone (dangerous but if you choose to use it, don't use on face), and Dr. Fred Summit. I'm still trying to find this Shirely cream that I heard was amazing. But yea... that's what I've used.

Mar 24, 2010, 10:34 AM

Also... I meant to add this in earlier but I forgot. Here's a pic of me prior to lightening (I've been using products off and on since '08):

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ash-Leigh/Desktop/amhd.jpg[/IMG]

Mar 24, 2010, 08:42 PM

Looool ; Yellowannabe , your link didn't work :(

Try uploading it to tinypic.com and use their links there .

It may help :)

Mar 24, 2010, 09:06 PM

Sorry about that. Let me try again.

Mar 25, 2010, 09:08 AM

H A H A :D

Its still not working lol.. .

But I do have a question about your skin care reggie.. . I know you said you lightened your body for 2wks , but do you still lighten it along with your face or is it permanently light right now ?

Mar 25, 2010, 09:39 AM

I don't know why it's not working. Anyway, I used neoprosone and movate for 2 weeks (I don't recommend using them) but I've been trying to lighten my body for a bit longer. The problem with me is I get lazy. My face and chest are light but my arms, legs, back and lower back are still brown. The skin on the body is thicker so it takes a bit longer. But I still lighten everything. I'm heading to the store now to pick up some products.

This week I'm going to try to make this supercream I read about and focus on my body hardcore. By 4 months I should be light all over, if I stay consistent.

Mar 26, 2010, 05:35 AM

Ooooh , that sounds good ! I hope things workout for you!

And this might sound like a dumb question , but after you lighten up are you still going to do stuff out in the sun ? Because I know that if you do stay out in the sun too long or something it can cause reverse side effects and things like that or damage your health or something.

Mar 26, 2010, 08:38 AM

Nah that's not a dumb question girl. From what I understand, the reason most people have adverse reactions and extreme darkening is for two reasons: the product that they used had a dangerous ingredient like mercury for example, or they didn't protect their skin with the proper sunscreen.

For example, I went downsouth last week and it was pretty warm down there. And also I wasn't able to do my regimen because I was staying with a friend. I put bananaboat spf 50 on my legs (cause I was wearing shorts) but got lazy when it came to my feet and arms. When I came back home, I realized that the exposed parts of my arms and feet got half a shade darker. Now I'm back home and back to my regimen, and I see those areas lightening up. So I mean half a shade isn't a catastrophe, but I've learned my lesson.

So how I feel personally, yes you can go into the sun. Just get a really good sunscreen and apply it well.
    (However, I doubt I stay out in the sun longer than an hour w/o a break lol) I'm going to purchase neutrogena's spf 100. So that next time, ill be well equipped.

Mar 26, 2010, 04:28 PM

Okkkkayyy lol

I feel you on that .

I just felt like I should ask because I don't want to waste all my time lightening and then once I step out into the sun I lost all my progress.

Well, I finally have a set routine now that I am happy with and the results are looking up for me with much thanks to everyone's advice and tips so I am happy for that :)

&& BTW , thanks so much for clearing that up for me . *WHEW* :D

But what if you decide to stop lightening your complexion and just use good sunscreens and keep the areas clean ? Will you fall back to your natural skintone ?

Mar 26, 2010, 06:36 PM

Totally understandable.

Stopping lighteners once achieving desired complexions: I'm not a 100 percent sure so don't quote me. I really am not sure if you'd go all the way back to your original color but I'm not sure if the color would be maintained. I think I'm going to use chemical lighterners until I get to the color I want and from there lessen my usage so that I'm just maintaining my skin tone rather than continuing to lighten it, or switch to all natural lighteners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use dr. Fred summit skin whitener on your legs arms, and face. [ 5 Answers ]

Can you use dr. fred summit skin whitener on your legs arms, and face. Can any body give me directions on how to use this product. I have it at home and I threw away my booklet.

Dr. Fred Palmer Skin Whitener Tone and Bleach Cream [ 6 Answers ]

Does anybody know if Dr. Fred Palmer Skin Whitener Tone and Bleach Cream works or if it's a crap.

DR. Fred Summit Skin Whitener [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me with this question? Can you use Dr. Fred Summit Skin Whitener on your arms and legs?

Dr.fred summit skin whitener- [ 1 Answers ]

For how much time this cream should be kept on face

View more questions Search