Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjam552000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 07:24 PM
    I have soft grainy brown stuff coming out of my cold water faucets and toilets
    I have soft grainy brown stuff coming out of my cold water faucets and toilets.
    Doodles2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 08:54 PM

If you are on a well it's likely that it's iron deposits (may be same if on municipal water system too). Water may be yellow brownish in colour with visible particles (especially if you let a pail of the water sit for a while). A simple carbon filter system (purchased from a hardware or plumbing store) can easily and cheaply remove this (and other stuff) from your water. Likely not a serious health risk just an aesthetic one. If really worried about your water quality it can be tested by getting sample kits from possibly your local hospital, Dr. office, Public Works. Depends on where you live and how that area does testing for the public. A plumber would also know about how to get testing done (might be a good idea from time to time anyway if on a well). If on a municipal system they may have been flushing out the water mains in the roads in your area which can cause this too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water is not coming out of the hot water side of my bathrooms and kitchen faucets. [ 1 Answers ]

Water is NOT coming out of the Hot water side of all the faucets in my hopuse. Please help... and it is very cold outside too. 30 degrees...

Why do I have NO water coming out of all faucets? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a well, and this morning my husband went to take a shower, when all the water went away! I have tried every faucet in the house, and nothing! I can't even flush the toilet! PLEASE HELP!!

Brown Water Coming Out of the Faucets After Water Has Been Shut Off for Awhile [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! Is that normal after the water supply has been shut off for a short or long while? Also, is brown water coming out after doing that a sign that there is something wrong with the plumbing system? Thanks!

Brown water in toilets [ 3 Answers ]

We have a split level home, built in '79. Both toilets in the house work perfectly fine, but all of the sudden there is brown water filling the bowl when flushed. We checked both toilet tanks and everything seems fine. What could be causing this brown water? :confused:

Dirty Water Coming From Cold Faucets [ 2 Answers ]

Please help! Our house is about 105 years old. We just started noticing that all the cold faucets upstairs are dispensing dirty cold water. (The hot water faucets are fine.) This is affecting our toilet, bathtub, and sink. Downstairs faucets do not seem to be affected. My husband did...

View more questions Search