Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    german07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 06:11 PM
    How I know if my house use a single-phase or triple phase electric panel breaker?
    I am trying to buy the "plug and save", but I do not know what kind of phase panel I do have... how can I check what is the one I have? Thanks!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 06:14 PM
    You have single phase.

Mar 9, 2010, 06:19 PM

I forgot... my house is a two family home but with 2 main breaker panels... one is for the first floor and the other one is for the second floor... both using a A/C unit, one for each floor... after this explanation what think?. still single phase? Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 06:21 PM
    Yes. 3 phase is not allowed in homes. A large complex may have three phase feeding the building, but each apartment or condo will still be single phase.

Mar 9, 2010, 06:30 PM

Woowwww!! Thank you very much for your time and answer... now my head is clear of doubt. Sorry to bother you with another question... what u think about the "plug and save" power saver?
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 06:40 PM
    If it is what I think it is, not so much. What is the make and model number?

Signing off now so I won't see it until tomorrow.

Mar 9, 2010, 06:46 PM

Go to Lower Your Electric Bills by Up To 40%! tahnks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 08:04 PM

In 99.99% of the time 3 phase residential doesn't exist. For that 0.01% of the time, there is this: http://www.cleco.com/uploads/ThreePh...ialService.pdf as an example.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2010, 06:16 AM

The Plug and Save, Says, "You will be proud to show your Electric Company", I wonder, They MAY be Happy.
    That includes the "Buyers Guide on How Not Be Scammed.
    Nice Marketing.
    Some here feel they are scams. Me included
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2010, 07:43 AM
    These products, and they have been around since the 70's, as I worked for a company that tried to market something similar.

Concept is simple, use capacitors to correct power factor, do a websearch for this topic.

My stance is, if they worked so well, they would be sold everywhere, Walmart, Grainger, your corner drugstore.

Your link does not tell the cost, without registering, so I don't know the cost. Do a search, you can find a few similar products out there.

Best I can offer, is buy one, and record the data and alleged savings, and keep the money back warranty handy.

Funny thing is, how to compare cost savings.

Your link mentions kilowatts, except electric bills are based on kilowatt-hours.

I have a hard time determining how to compare one month to another.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Some here feel they are scams. Me included
    100% agree.
    These things are ALL scams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service panel is 120 two pole when I check phase to phase I don't get 240 [ 1 Answers ]

Service panel is 120 two pole when I check phase to phase I don't get 240

Single phase vs. 3 phase power - what makes 3 phase more efficient? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is it that makes 3 phase power more efficient? Suppose I need an air compressor for a printing shop and I can choose between a 7.5HP single phase and a 7.5HP 3 phase. Ignoring that the cost of the motor is a little less for 3 phase, why is the motor more efficient and how does...

What's more energy efficient single phase or 3 phase and what's harder on the equip? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, I would like some advice from anyone willing to offer. I'm starting an ice cream business and I'm collecting used soft serve machines. Apparently, there are used machines configured for single phase and 3 phase 208V 240V etc... I would like to know which phase a voltage is more economical...

Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am new this community... You are doing great job of knowledge transfer... My question: Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply? Please clear my doubt... :confused:

208 volt3 phase why to single phase 120 volt [ 4 Answers ]

Supply is from 75 kva transformer, 3 phase delta /y three wire feeding a 30 amp breaker. 100 feet down stream is a junction box that I want to tap and produce a 120 v single phase ( 20 amp CB) supply. The junction box feeds a 6 amp motor

View more questions Search