Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Sweetie, we are all full of "what if's" There is nothing that can be done now aside from finding out the answer to the question and going from there. There have been so many advances since you lost your father, since I had my cancer.

I know you are tired, I know you are worried....DAMN the distance!! I would give anything to get in my car and come to be with you through this.

I always had a fear of cancer. I got cancer. It made me a stronger person. No matter the outcome, you will get through this.
    Seriously J, I'm out of tissue!

I am going to try to stay positive. I'm really trying, really I am. I keep telling myself not to worry until there's something definite to worry about, but the human mind is mean. I can't stop thinking the worst.

If you lived within driving distance we'd be going for a beer right now. I could use a distraction. Maybe the male strippers? ;)

I really want to thank all of you for the support. I also really hope that I'll be writing on this thread that I'm just anemic and nothing more.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Seriously J, I'm out of tissue!

I am going to try to stay positive. I'm really trying, really I am. I keep telling myself not to worry until there's something definite to worry about, but the human mind is mean. I can't stop thinking the worst.

If you lived within driving distance we'd be going for a beer right now. I could use a distraction. Maybe the male strippers? ;)

I really want to thank all of you for the support. I also really hope that I'll be writing on this thread that I'm just anemic and nothing more.
    Girlfriend, if it makes any difference, the day I got my diagnosis I went to the doctor during lunch hour from the law office. Was given the bad news and went back to work. :eek: Talk about denial! But I knew the truth even before the biopsy.

I truly believe in intuition. Now you have to suck up your guts, face the music and make two plans. One plan for anemia, the other for cancer. If it is the latter, you have to involve your kids.

For example... I took Rae with me to every doctor's appointment, she was only 3-5 during my treatment, but now she is 16 and faithfully does monthly breast exams. If you get my point.
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Girlfriend, if it makes any difference, the day I got my diagnosis I went to the doctor during lunch hour from the law office. Was given the bad news and went back to work. :eek: Talk about denial! But I knew the truth even before the biopsy.

I truly believe in intuition. Now you have to suck up your guts, face the music and make two plans. One plan for anemia, the other for cancer. If it is the latter, you have to involve your kids.

For example...I took Rae with me to each and every doctor's appointment, she was only 3-5 during my treatment, but now she is 16 and faithfully does monthly breast exams. If you get my point.
    I would never hide it from the kids, I couldn't. I'm really scared for Jared if it is cancer, he remembers both my parents, he was around for a lot of the bad times. To him the word "cancer" is a death sentence. He's old enough to know what death is. Heck, he's known about death for far too long.

If it is cancer then the whole family will be involved. I'll need their support, their love, their strength. I watched two people go through treatment, go through pain, feeling sick, losing hair, losing finger nails and toe nails, losing life. I will fight it if that's what I have to do. I'm stubborn as all get out, I won't let this beat me.

Still, I'm hoping it's just anemia, or diabetes which my doctor also tested for.

How sad is it to hope for diabetes? ;)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:44 PM

OH Alty I hope everything works out OK! You are definitely in my thoughts! I have nevr known anyone who had colon cancer, but my aunt just had a full historectomy from ovarian cancer, and they had to remove most of her colon as well.
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    OH Alty I hope everything works out ok!! You are definitly in my thoughts! I have nevr known anyone who had colon cancer, but my aunt just had a full historectomy from ovarian cancer, and they had to remove most of her colon as well.
    Thanks Bella.

My mom had to have a hysterectomy too. I really think that's when her troubles began. After that was when she took hormone replacement pills and her doctor is convinced that's how the breast cancer started.

Why did I just tell you that? I really don't know.

Thanks for coming to lend a shoulder. :)
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:48 PM

Oh Gawd!

No problem! I'll lend a shouolder when ever you need it! Want to beer?
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:49 PM
    Oh Gawd!

No problem! I'll lend a shouolder when ever ya need it! Wanna beer?
    You should know me well enough by now to know the answer to that. :p
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 06:50 PM

OK well here's 3 then
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 06:55 PM

Dang Alty , I'm lost for words :(

I really hope it all works out positively for you , sorry I can't help with any info etc. but this is really out of my league.

All I can give you is my support and love , chin up and I'll be here if you need anything at all that I can provide.
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Dang Alty , I'm lost for words :(

I really hope it all works out positively for you , sorry i can't help with any info etc. but this is really outta my league.

All I can give you is my support and love , chin up and I'll be here if you need anything at all that I can provide.
    You're at a loss for words? My work here is done. ;)

Thanks M. Your love and support mean more then any words. I am so happy to be a part of this online family. I can't tell you all how much you mean to me.

I could use a good joke right now, or a funny poster. Just saying. :)
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:02 PM

THis pic makes me laugh.
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:04 PM
    THis pic makes me laugh.
    I said funny, not scary! :eek:
    Expert

I could use a good joke right now,
    When Rae was 4 she asked me what was big, pink and on the bottom of the ocean. I told her I didn't know... She said, and I quote... "Silly Mom...It's Moby's D1ck!"
    Dogs Expert

This one too
    Attached Images

friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 07:05 PM
    You're at a loss for words? My work here is done. ;)

Thanks M. Your love and support mean more then any words. I am so happy to be a part of this online family. I can't tell you all how much you mean to me.

I could use a good joke right now, or a funny poster. Just sayin. :)
    Don't feel like funny at the moment :(

How about this... considering what's going on at PS I think it's quite appropriate :cool:

Name:  teamwork.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  19.0 KB
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:07 PM
    When Rae was 4 she asked me what was big, pink and on the bottom of the ocean. I told her I didn't know....She said, and I quote..."Silly Mom...It's Moby's D1ck!"
    LMAO! OMG! I love it.

A few years ago Sydney asked me how babies are made. I figured she was too young for the whole story so I tried to kiddify it. I told her that daddy has seeds and mommy has eggs and when they get together at the right time, they make a baby.

The next person that came to our house got the "I know how babies are made" speech. It went something like this "Daddy has seeds and mommy has a basket of cracked eggs".

I may need help with the "talk". ;)
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Don't feel like funny at the moment :(

How bout this...................considering what's going on at PS I think it's quite appropriate :cool:

Name:  teamwork.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  19.0 KB
    Very appropriate. I had to spread the rep, story of my life.

PS is nuts. In light of what's going on in my life right now, I may just loose it and go full blown Alty on them. I miss full blown Alty, she's been in hiding.

OMG! Am I unstable? :confused:
    Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:10 PM
    LMAO! OMG! I love it.

A few years ago Sydney asked me how babies are made. I figured she was too young for the whole story so I tried to kiddify it. I told her that daddy has seeds and mommy has eggs and when they get together at the right time, they make a baby.

The next person that came to our house got the "I know how babies are made" speech. It went something like this "Daddy has seeds and mommy has a basket of cracked eggs".

I may need help with the "talk". ;)
    We had that talk too. Daddy has seeds and mommy has the "dirt." We planted bean seeds to watch them grow.
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:12 PM
    We had that talk too. Daddy has seeds and mommy has the "dirt." We planted bean seeds to watch them grow.
    I should have gone with dirt, that's much better then a basket of cracked eggs. ;)
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Mar 9, 2010, 08:02 PM

My father was diagnosed with colon cancer in 1988 and 4 feet of his colon was removed. He didn't require a bag and is now in his 80's. Since 1988 he has had annual checkups with never another sign of cancer.

I met a gentleman once who successfully beat colon cancer. Here's his story History: Hallelujah Acres . Stay strong and hope for the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colon cancer has move [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is michael mcclendon I have had colon cancer sugery twice and now it has enter my liver is there any help you can provide.I live in memphis tenn please help me Iam in need.somebody answer me please.thanks

Colon Tumor/Cancer [ 14 Answers ]

My grandfather was diagnsoed with Colon tumor, he is not good at english so he didn't understand the doctor very well, so I have a few questions, to give him some more information about his problem. Is a Colon Tumor and Cancer the same? Is Colon tumors harmful/ and or lead to death? ...

I think I have colon cancer [ 8 Answers ]

OK I made a post on here a couple of days ago and here are my symptoms: my stomach has become very large and hard... I look 7 or 8 months pregnant by the way I'm not! I have had rectal bleeeeding it off and on... whenever I have mexican food I have to potty like bad and when I can't go anymore I...

Colon detox [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best and safe way to detox your colon and intestines. I have IBS with constipation and I heard that detoxing your insides will help you to get back on track. Ive tried eating fruits and vegis and I've taken Metamucil, Fiber One, Citricell etc.. Nothing seems to work. So I figured I'd...

Is it my colon? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 19 and for as long as I can remember I have been getting sharp, almost stabbing, pains through out my abdomen, groin, and my entire left side. Sometimes its not bad, but at times it is so bad it brings me to tears. There doesn't seem to be anything in particular to why the pain comes...

View more questions Search