Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13toomany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Ask real estate lawyer
    I have entered into a "contract for deed" recently and before it could be recorded, discovered the owner of the property had a tax lien on the property. (State of Florida) What are my options?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 05:20 PM

Did the contract provide that the property is free and clear of all liens?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2010, 05:33 PM

Also, this affects you how? Maybe the owner plans on paying off the back taxes with what you pay him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suing Real Estate Lawyer for Breach of Contract [ 11 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions. I'm suing for breach of contract, damages resulting from, and failure to act in good faith. I'm suing because in my attorney review contract, it was stated that any warranties, insurances, etc. would be transferred over to me at closing. My house had oil tank insurance...

Title company vs Real Estate Lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to make a short-sale in Arizona (I'm from New York). Should I close with a lawyer or a title company. In NY we use Real Estate Attorneys. I was told that it's not necessary in Arizona. Will I be fully protected using a title company as well as a lawyer? Thank you.

Estate Lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

How would I find a competent estate lawyer in Austin, Texas without cold calling a dozen law firms?

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search