Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lola25241 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 01:31 PM
    What about if I want to evict my roommate ?
    What about if I want to evict my roommate because she is not keeping the peace. She causing problems in the house. Do I have to give the deposit back?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:47 PM

You can't just keep the deposit because she's not being nice. If something like carpet or paint had to be replaced because of her, or you had to fix things she'd broke, you'd use the deposits towards that. But you can't just use it for normal wear and tear. And if say you had to repaint the walls because of damage she'd done to them and that cost $50. But her deposit was $200. You don't get to keep the full deposit, just what was needed for the damages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Agreement Lease? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a month to month lease with my landlord for 6 years now, he says technically no lease though? I have a roommate that moved in 5 months ago that is being uncooperative and broke written rules in "our" roommate agreement contract. I am trying to get her to move out but she will not, talked...

How do I evict my roommate? [ 4 Answers ]

My roommate and I have both signed the lease agreement through the apartment complex she has been late on rent already and has stopped paying utility bills that I have had to pay for she has not stayed at the apartment in almost a month and I believe is planning on moving out she owes me money for...

I need to evict my roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I own a 2 family house in Massachusetts and I live in the first floor unit with a new roommate. I didn't know him prior to him moving in. He moved in on April 1st and gave me the $500 rent money before I gave him the keys. Yesterday when I asked him for the rent money for May he told me that his...

How do I evict my roommate? [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate is not on my lease. We have been living together for about 5 months and he had paid rent once and never has paid the utilities. I have been letting it go because he lost his job and I gave him time to find a new one. However he has not even been looking. I have tried to be nice because...

View more questions Search