Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Can a 17 year old buy a car in Washington. State
    Can a 17 year old buy a car. Or can you sell a car to a 17 year old with ouit parents consent

Mar 8, 2010, 11:23 AM
    [[email protected];2264809]can a 17 year old buy a car. Or can you sell a car to a 17 year old with ouit parents consent. MY GRANDDAUGHTER BOUGT A CAR SHE IS 17.

Mar 8, 2010, 11:26 AM
    My granddaughter bought a car she is only 17. Can she legeraly buy this car and can the person who sold the sell to her./ she did not get parent consent.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 10:33 AM

Minors are not able to legally enter into contracts without the consent of parents. 17 year olds are minors. If you are 17 and want to buy a car, either wait until you are 18 or get your parents' consent. Someone might be willing to sell to you but they are taking a risk as you could get out of the contract later, claiming you were not able to legally enter into the contract, so most reputable dealers would not sell to you - not a risk they'd want to take.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Hello bobi:

Buying a car for cash is legal if she has a drivers license. What she can't do is enter into a contract to pay for the car.

excon
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 08:39 PM

I can't recall where it was but I did read a case in a class at one time where a boy bought a car with cash from his neighbor but the transaction itself was considered a contract and when the parents objected, the seller had to refund the money and take the car back. I think it would be important to look into local law on this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I buy a used car in GA and pay GA taxes without paying taxes in my home state [ 1 Answers ]

Can I buy a used car in GA and pay GA taxes without paying taxes in my home state?

Lease option to buy and eviction in Washington [ 2 Answers ]

If I'm doing a lease option to buy and in the lease option contract it mentions I'm doing a month to month rental agreement, can the seller evict me for any reason and I'm out my lease option money I put down? In the lease option agreement it also states that if I'm late (past the 15th or don't...

Roofing in Washington State [ 2 Answers ]

When re-roofing in WA state with 20 year asphalt shingles what is my roof venting requirements, where can I look that up, and what is the best way to go about installing that venting?

View more questions Search