Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 9, 2010, 02:26 AM
    My possible non-stop weight loss problem...
    I am losing weight and I am not in any way trying. Its kind of funny and I am loving it at the moment but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen with prozac. Weightloss is a side effect. But it says more than 5-10 pounds you need to consult your doctor. I have lost 21 lbs and am still going. I want to keep losing weight, at least 11 more pounds. I am 5'5" and at the moment I weight 164 lbs with only 12%body fat. I know that is very low and all that but I still got about 5 to 10 lbs on my lower stomach that I desperately want to get get rid of so I can have my washboard abs. What I am worried about is once I hit my target goal of 155lbs how do I stop the weightloss because I am seriously not doing anything to lose it at all. Actually I am eating plenty enough to even gain weight and my lifestyle isn't really all that active either. So any suggestions for when I hit my target?

Mar 9, 2010, 04:05 AM

Let me add that I like my medication and I do not want to change it.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 05:19 AM

Generally, once you are at your proper weight, it's not that easy to lose more unless you start doing massive amounts of exercise and not eating. If you have a lot to lose, it's easier to lose it. I'm betting that as you get closer to a six pack, your weight loss will slow.

But do make sure you are eating well. Don't allow lack of hunger to make you eat non-nutritive crap.

Mar 9, 2010, 05:25 AM

I eat crappy food all the time. Just cause of poor cooking skills though lol. But I eat a healthy amount of the good stuff too. I am just concerned because my body fat percentage is low and I am still losing just as fast. It's a little threatening to me. Told my girlfriend that I may have to switch back to reg pop instead of only drinking diet. Reg pop is what was keeping me at a high weight I think.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 05:29 AM

Try improving all your food. Cut out all the soda, regular and diet, and drink milk instead, It's great after a workout. Eat fresh whole foods, including lots of veg, and cut out anything with multiple ingredients or chemicals you don't recognise.

Mar 9, 2010, 05:59 AM

Hmmm, OK. But won't that only serve to make me lose more weight?
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 12:01 PM

What is your bodyfat now?

Mar 9, 2010, 07:54 PM

My body fat percentage is under 12. I am in the athletic range but I think its off a little. I think I am more like 13 or 14%. Pretty much anything under 18% is acceptable. 8-13 is athletic and lower is slim. 1-4 is essential body fat.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 09:28 AM

If you are 13-14%, then you can safely lose a fair bit more before you need to worry. I know plenty of guys who maintain less than 10% year round.

By the way, what are you eating now? And what sort of exercise do you do?

Mar 10, 2010, 05:27 PM

I eat regular foods (nothing particularly healthy) and all I do for exercise is walk about 9,000-13,000 sets a day. I only walk for work. So on days off my steps are much much lower. I guess I am eating less than usual though. Smaller portions.
    lea_09 Posts: 100, Reputation: 10

Mar 10, 2010, 09:57 PM

I wished I had your issue lol. But I think it has to do with your thyroid gland. And you said this started happening when you started take Prozac? I have never heard anything about weight loss for an antidepressant medication. I would have a check up with the doctor and hopefully you don't have cancerous thyroid gland.

Mar 10, 2010, 11:43 PM

Yeah that would suck. However it states on the side effect list that weight loss and loss of hunger are side effects. I'm sure that's what it is. I just don't know if I can stop it when I want to. Guess it all comes down to forcing myself to eat even though I'm not hungy, or drinking regular pop again for the sugar intake or something. I donno, all I know is at the moment I am loving it and in a week or three I am going to be very concerned. My doctor will see me in two weeks so I will be at the weight I want then and tell her then.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 01:58 PM

It would help if you listed some of what you eat. That's a fair bit of walking. Are you walking more these days?

Mar 11, 2010, 03:11 PM

Not really more. Actually I have been walking less in the past year than before. I eat things like Arbys, McDonald's and those types of things about one or twice a week. Also I eat things like pot roast, soups, burgers, steak, pork steak, rice-o-roni, (rare Snack cakes), just normal foods. I don't eat many salads and I really don't eat healthy. Oh and I drink about 1 20oz regular pop every two days. Other than that I drink all diet pop and I drink only pop. No water no milk no nothing else.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Mar 11, 2010, 03:27 PM
    I just recently started taking prozac too, and It has totally suppressed my appetite. How long did it take you to lose the 21 lbs?

Mar 11, 2010, 07:17 PM

Took me two months. Like I said, no exercise. However don't expect it, prozac also can make you gain weight. But suppressed appetite is a good sign. What type of prozac are you using? I am taking fluoxitene

Mar 12, 2010, 02:26 AM
    I gained 3 pounds and I feel bad for it. Like I am going to be unattractive to my fiancé. I don't get why I'm reacting this way. I mean its only 3 lbs, what is up with me?

Mar 12, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    took me two months. like I said, no exercise. however don't expect it, prozac also can make you gain weight. but surpressed appetite is a good sign. What type of prozac are you using? I am taking fluoxitene
    I am taking fluoxitene as well. It works wonders. Not just because of the weight loss but because my overall anxiety has dropped a ton. I've only been taking it for a week now.

Mar 12, 2010, 05:07 PM

Don't get too caught up in the first few weeks. It'll be best to watch and wait. It'll take a month before it really starts working right. Watch out for the side effects. They won't last that long. My depression is much much lower and my stress is lower too.

Mar 15, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    don't get too caught up in the first few weeks. It'll be best to watch and wait. It'll take a month before it really starts working right. Watch out for the side effects. They wont last that long. My depression is much much lower and my stress is lower too.
    Yeah it makes me feel like a zombie-but it does seem to help my stress level. As far as depression goes-it just makes me not care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am an over weight teen and I would like to loss weight [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys and gals. I am 17 yrs old. And have been overweight ever scense I can remember (all my life) and I really would like to finally loos weight I mean I am comfortable with myself but I know I need to get healthy Any tips?

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

View more questions Search