Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patelreshma12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 02:04 AM
    Misdemeanor charges in California effects on background check for a job seeker
    Hi
    I was arrested in nov 09 for petty theft for $80 in a children's clothing store. I was wrongful accused. Actully it was a big misunder standing. I have hired a lawyer and paid him about $2000 and he is fighting for me. I had an interview for a preschool position and my reference check went very well with current and past employer they are in precess of doing my background check and I am wondering what will happen?

I have no criminal history what so ever and our credit score is excellent. My lawyer said it is just the matter of time my case most probably will get dismissed or he will make it expunged but I do not know how long would it take. I do not want to miss this job opportunity and tomorrow I have to call legal department of the preschool chain as she calle dme earlier regarding my application. What should I do in this situation?

Please show me some hope and feedback.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by patelreshma12 View Post
    what should i do in this situation? Please show me some hope and feedback.
    Hello p:

Here's some feedback. Got no hope. Depending on who they hired as their background search company, your arrest would show up. If they inquire about it, you should tell them exactly what you told us. Is it going to work? I don't know. Probably not.

Look, having been in these situations, I've found that it's better to hope for the best, but expect the worst.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job doing background check [ 12 Answers ]

I recently was pressed with charges for theft under 5000. My job interviewer today asked if I had ever been convicted. I told her no. She's going to do a background check, and my court date is next week. The question: Will I still have a criminal record leading into the court or does it take...

Background check with pending charges [ 23 Answers ]

I have court in 2 weeks for a charge that was issued earlier this year (theft under 5k). I had an interview yesterday and they said everything looked good, but they have to submit a background check (not sure what type; bondable, child abuse, etc.). I was just wondering that since it's not a...

Background check misdemeanor dismissed case [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a lot on the subject and also the forum, and I am still confused a bit in regards of my situation. I was arrested, charged with misdemeanor, my understanding that I was on diversion program (as there is no guilty plea on my docket report, had to perform the community service,...

Will a misdemeanor appear on a criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was arrested for stealing clothes in a major department store and was arrested by the police department in NYC.(First and only arrest). I was fingerprinted and photos were also taken of me. I was charged with a misdemeanor and was told that after a year the charges would be dropped. My...

Can a misdemeanor from the past effect me now due to a criminal background check? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a misdemeanor for possession of marijauna. I had to seek a lawyer and go to court where the judge told me that I was on a year parole and if I didn't get into "trouble," the conviction would be expunged from my record. I am appyling for a job and want to know if this will appear on...

View more questions Search