Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gratefuldead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 09:03 PM
    Get a 1099misc box 6 but I don't have any business related deductions
    Registered nurse that works at the same in home facility each day. I have 4 kids and only made 53000 dollars in 2009. I have no business related deductions and the self employment tax is going to sink my ship. What do I do? Am I just in serious trouble?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 11:01 PM

When an employee gets check, employer deducts SS tax and Medicare tax from the payment, which you did not pay.
    With 1099-misc, you will pay SE tax which works out to be about 7.6% more than in case of W-2 employee. http://taxipay.blogspot.com/2008/04/...oyed-sole.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itemized deductions Vs. Std. Deductions [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Tax Experts, Can some one please explain the difference between itemized deductions Vs. Std. deductions and how this will affect the returns when you are in OPT Please Advice.

On OPT should I use itemized deductions or std. Deductions [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on F1 visa( 2003-today) more than 5 years ( Tax Resident) Will transfer to OPT Since JAN 2009, 1) When filling taxes should I use itemized deductions or Std. deductions 2) Do I pay for Social and Medicare taxes 3) Will I qualify for $ 5000 std. deductions

Combo box/list box/drop down box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for you in regards to a list box in a query. I have a form that I am using and want to give the users some options on what years they want to pull data from. So I was thinking about creating a list box or drop down box that would display the available years, when they highlighted...

1099Misc 2 W-2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm confused about filing the tax return. Please help me understand what I can claim and how I can save money. I was on OPT and H1 in 2005 I worked as an Intern from Jan through April and got 1099 Misc for that period. From May through August I worked on OPT and got W-2 for that period....

F1, 1099Misc [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member. Its nice to see so many people here who can help. Here's my situation: My status in 2004: Student on F1 My status in 2005: Graduating and going on H1 Have not worked on OPT. My nationality: Indian I have one W-2 from school (I was a T.A.) One 1099-MISC from my...

View more questions Search