Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klbrewer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 05:48 PM
    Garnishments in MI
    I have paid $1700 out of my February 2010 paycheck in garnishments and have no money for heat, elec, car payment, storage fees, phone or lot rent on my mobile home. My phone is turned off and my heat/elec will be and I'm facing foreclosure but I don't know what to do. The garnishments mostly originated in MN through the court system there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 06:28 PM

They should not be taking more than 25 percent of your pay unless these are for child support.

What are they for, what percent of your pay are they taking
    klbrewer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 04:27 PM

Hi Fr_Chuck, For the month of February they are taking 1 garnishment and 1 levy totaling $1700. I don't have my paystub with me but I only had $369 as a paycheck. I couldn't pay my rent, heat, elec, phone so I may be evicted. I guess it's good that I'm getting these bills paid but I don't have anything to live on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage Garnishments [ 2 Answers ]

Can wages be garnished if you are employed and covered under the Jones Act?:confused:

Garnishments in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true, that your wages can not be garnished for a medical bill if you have dependent children in the state of NJ?:confused:

Garnishments [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with IRS too! A couple of years ago, our taxes were done correctly, but a former employer reported our taxes incorrectly. So... the IRS is coming after us for nearly 75K. Well, the IRS doesn't give a hoot about us, they just want their money. And then maybe they will...

Garnishments [ 1 Answers ]

What percentage of my salary can my employer garnish for a credit card debt?

View more questions Search