Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksamarth0 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 10:31 PM
    Intel dg31pr problems
    I am having an intel core 2 quad q8300 cpu and my board does not detects it.
    My mother board is intel dg31pr.it runs everything perfect but it does not show processor type in the BIOS & the column is blank!!
    My BIOS version is PRG3110H.86A.0065.2009.0421.1559
    Also when I installed win xp 32bit sp2 & also sp3 it was showing intel pentium 3 xeon processor in the system properties. But when I installed win 7 ultimate it now shows core 2 quad.

My other problem is that I have 4GB OF RAM installed on my board and it is detected in the BIOS but in system properties (win7) it shows 4gb 3.25 gb usable..!
    It is strange that it is showing so because I am not using onboard graphics. I have an nvidia geforce 8400gs 512mb (I am fed up of this card & I am thinking of buying a new one what do you think of nvidia geforce gt240 1 gb gddr5 for gaming)

My third problem is that I cannot keep my system on standby for a while it goes in stand by mode but starts up again immediately as if we have asked it to do so. Is it happening due to ny gpu?

PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILED ANSWER
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ksamarth0 View Post
    I am having an intel core 2 quad q8300... my mother board is intel dg31pr... my BIOS version is PRG3110H.86A.0065.2009.0421.1559
    Intel® Processors and Boards Compatibility Tool specifies that BIOS revision 059 or 066 is the minimum required to support this processor depending on which SPEC # of processor you have. Determine the SPEC # and see if 066 is required.

... when I installed win xp 32bit sp2 & also sp3 it was showing intel pentium 3 xeon processor... when I installed win 7 ultimate it now shows core 2 quad.
    It's hard for software to properly identify future hardware that didn't exist at the time the software was written.

my other problem is that I have 4GB OF RAM installed on my board and it is detected in the BIOS but in system properties (win7) it shows 4gb 3.25 gb usable..!
    May be non-problem, but also check msconfig advanced boot settings and see if maximum memory option is checked, uncheck it, and restart. Additional memory info at Ask the Performance Team : Memory Management 101, MSDN: BCD Boot Options Reference, A description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning feature and the Physical Address Extension parameter, and Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows).

my third problem is that I cannot keep my system on standby for a while it goes in stand by mode but starts up again immediately...
    Devices can be configured to Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby within the Power Management property page in Device Manager. Check your devices' power management settings. Often network adapters receive or USB devices generate traffic that will trigger wake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I fit an nvidia geforce 8800 on an intel dg31pr [ 1 Answers ]

my system Motherboard: intel dg31pr GPU: nvidia geforce 8400 gs 512mb CPU: intel core 2 quad q8300 2.5 ghz 4mb cache DVD drive: LG GH22 22x (dual layer) RAM: 4 gb Harddrive: 160 gb can I add an nvidia geforce 8800 to this system

Intel Vs AMD [ 1 Answers ]

I got to buy a new PC. Please help me to choose whether to go for an AMD or an Intel?

Intel-VT vs AMD-v [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what are the main feature diffrences between intel-VT and AMD-v processors which are new and supported to virtualisation technology..

Comparison between AMD and Intel [ 1 Answers ]

Compariosn between AMD & Intel Processor

Amd Or Intel? [ 1 Answers ]

In laptops,what's benefits in amd or intel system?

View more questions Search