Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 07:03 PM
    YOUR shiny hair tips!
    Hi there,
    I am interested in knowing how to get shiny straight hair. My hair is so darn frizzy.
    Thanks.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 07:05 PM

I add a little jojoba oil to my shampoo at least every few days. Just 2-3 drops. And if I have time, I'll add more to my hair before I wash it and just let it sit while I relax with some bubble bath, then wash it all out. My hair is nice and soft after. And no frizz even if I don't straighten or blow dry it afterwards!
    Vision Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 10:36 PM

Oh, I will definitely try that.
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 9, 2010, 09:17 AM

Try blow drying your hair with a round brush. And do it on medium heat, so you don't frizz out your hair more. Once your hair is dry, straighten it with a good straighter (ceramic plates). Then you can buy a gloss spray, which will add shine to you hair. :)
    Vision Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 11:56 AM

No offense, but heat styling is what is making my hair frizzy. I need something to get rid of that. Although this is how I do my hair already.
    sohotitsscary Posts: 91, Reputation: 5

Mar 9, 2010, 12:05 PM

Are you using the cold settings when your finished blow drying?

The cold sets the hair stops the frizz and you get a lovely shine

Blow dry before bed time not before you run out the door this will help tone down the frizz :)
    Vision Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sohotitsscary View Post
    are you using the cold settings when your finished blow drying??

the cold sets the hair stops the frizz and you get a lovely shine

blow dry before bed time not before you run out the door this will help tone down the frizz :)
    Yes, I do. But doing it at night is a great suggestion.
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 9, 2010, 01:13 PM

If you use the round brush when your blow drying, as long as you stretch the hair it won't go frizzing, its when the hair is flying around everywhere that frizz is created.

But another method I use, I will shower at night and then tie my hair in a tight bun like a ballerina, and fall asleep. When I wake up I untie my hair and the ends are a bit damp but the top is all smooth and straight already :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:39 PM

I must just not have the trick for using round brushes. They make my hair much more frizzy then just blow drying it without. My hair usually dries nicely over night as long as I brush it before going to sleep. But if I tie it up at all it turns into a mess :(
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 9, 2010, 05:26 PM

I think the best type of round brush is the one with metallic bristles. I have a conair one and I use it when I dry my hair. It still works well without the heat, but it's better with it.

I also use pantene leave-in conditioner which makes my hair shiny. Sometimes I use a little bit of baby oil. It weighs my hair down more so it looks straighter.
    Vision Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 09:13 PM

Thanks for the tips, ladies.
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chickie543 View Post
    If you use the round brush when your blow drying, as long as you stretch the hair it won't go frizzing, its when the hair is flying around everywhere that frizz is created.

But another method I use, I will shower at night and then tie my hair in a tight bun like a ballerina, and fall asleep. When I wake up I untie my hair and the ends are a bit damp but the top is all smooth and straight already :)
    My hair frizzes naturally.
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 02:57 PM

Any more tips? :)
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 17, 2010, 07:00 PM

Chihuahua, have you ever tried loreal's frizz control? I don't know if they still make it, but I used the spray, gel, and cream.

I actually just finished the cream that I had for 4 years and the label came off so I don't remember the exact name of it. I think it was called studio something.. anyway, it works great and I recommend it if you haven't tried it already. I think the cream works the best.
    Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 11:03 AM

I actually have. I've used all the drug store frizz control creams, els, sprays, masks. I have not found something that works for me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 11:43 AM

Have you gotten to try any of the other tips yet? Anything work so far?
    Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 11:50 AM

I've been using conditioner on my tips but I can't tell the diff since I haven't been able to do my hair because I'm one-handed right now. But it seems to control frizz better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get shiny shiny shoes! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, my boyfriend recently joined the navy and is having a little trouble making his shoes look extra shiny again evry night, I wondered if anyone out there had any really good tips to shine shoes up good and new? I would be grateful for any help, thanks abbi-melissa x

Lightening dyed hair tips (tips are almost black) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have medium auburn hair naturally. I dyed my hair a dark auburn but there is a section of my hair where the tips (two inches from root to tip) is almost black. I want to lighten these tips. Would using Peroxide Volume 20 mixed with shampoo do this?

Shiny Hair [ 22 Answers ]

Are there any home remedies for shiny hair that anyone can suggest?;)

Shiny hair [ 2 Answers ]

How can I make my hair really really shiney, without wahing it loads as my colour will fade? X

View more questions Search