Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaileshkadam25 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Travelling from Texas to Florida by car
    Hi
    This is my first road trip from Texas to Florida. I want some information about travelling from one state to another state in US. What could be car insurance, registration policies, where to stay in between etc

I have ford taurus ses 2000 model car. I has taken used car 6 month back. It is in good working condition. Recently changed oil, tires etc. Car is registered on my name and I have insurance with following details.

Bodily Injured Liability - 25000 each person/50000 each accident
    Property Damage Liability - 25000 each accident
    Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury - 25000 each person/50000 each accident
    Uninsured/underinsured Property Damage Liability - 25000 each accident
    Comprehensive
    Collision
    Roadside Assistance

I want to know is it safe & sufficient insurance to travel to Florida as per Florida insurance rule.

Also give suggestion as per your experience to travel from Texas to Florida
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 02:35 PM

You are only required to have proper drivers license and legal insurance in your state.

It is not enough insurance for practical terms, even for driving around the block from your house. You have only 25,000 per person per accident and just 50,000 max per accident.

If you hit two cars you go over that max real easy, ( or one fancy car ) you send someone to the hospital with perhaps a broken back and you will be at 100,000 to 200,000 in no time at all.
    I would not consider driving out of my parking space with that little coverage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida car title [ 4 Answers ]

My son is the sole owner of the family car there is no lienholder . The title is in his name. I would like to be a co-owner on the title. I know about title transfers. But what about Adding a name to a car title?

Florida used car contracts [ 12 Answers ]

I was going to buy a used car in Florida, changed my mind after signing the papers BUT not before payment was given. Am I legally bound to purchase this car since I never gave them a dime of my money? Need answer quickly!! ANyone.

Moving to michigan-buy car there or here in Texas? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to be moving from Texas to Michigan this winter alone while my husband will be here in Texas. We are in dillema whether I should buy a used car here in Texas and then get it shipped to Michigan-my employer is ready to pay for shipping costs-(I am not sure about state...

Texas Title Need for Classic Car [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a 1968 mustang and received a Bill of Sale. The car had no title and Texas is not a bill of Sale State. I have a Vin # for the car which shows abandoned and junked on 07/06/2004. It also says Government title # La Porte. I bought the car in pieces and have pieced it back together. I...

View more questions Search