Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerslibrary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 06:57 AM
    How do I take off about 1/4 of an inch off my kitchen kickboards to make them fit?
    After fitting new floor in kitchen my kick boards no longer fit. How do I take off about 1/4 inch, they are standard chipboard. Thanks
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Mar 7, 2010, 01:08 PM

I would measure carefully then tape where the cut will be and rip them with the good side up
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 02:42 PM

To get a straight cut use a bench saw or a guide for a hand held power saw.
    Hold the guide to kick plate with clamps and put duct tape on shoe of saw.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any" fit all "3 inch flush valve [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone make a fit all more or less 3 inch flush valve like Fluidmaster make a two inch. I haven't seen one but not sure. Thanks

Kitchen sink fit new outlet pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Have fitted new kitchen sink and taps OK. Now trying to fit new outlet for sink and dishwasher with parts from B&Q, 40mm fittings. Can't seem to get it sorted,lost my way. Which parts do I need to go fron sink to outflow pipe picking up dishwasher outlet on route,please?

Closet Flange with Offset to fit Inside 3 inch abs [ 7 Answers ]

I need a closet flange with 1 to 2 inch offset to fit inside a 3 inch abs pipe. Is such a product available? As reference, the 3"x3"PVC Two Finger Toilet Flange, Jones Stephens Corp part# C47-33P fits, but I need the offset. Thank you.

How to make J tube fit from drain to wall pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Putting in a new sink in bathroom and the J tube isn't quite long enough. Also, the wall pipe fits the J tube, but the drain is too small of a diameter. Are there some adaptive parts that can be used, and if I need a different size /length J tube, how would I measure for it? Yes, I am a girl, but...

1 1/4 inch fittings won't fit 1 1/4 pipe [ 1 Answers ]

The pvc nipple on the intake of my shallow well pump was leaking. I cut the 1 1/4 inch pipe and was going to couple in a new nipple. The coupling would not fit the old pipe. It is white 1 1/4 " and so is my replacement pipe. I showed it to three different hardware stores and none of them could...

View more questions Search