Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DBSprott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 03:51 AM
    Printer not working on xp sp2
    Printer prints when used directly. When spooled-no ,or faint, printing in any program. Have wiped printer and spooler reloaded and restarted:-nothing. Have used cleansp.exe. In short, have tried everything I've found on web in five days of searching. Problem may be related to downloading of Open Office 3.1. Or native hp720c printer files are corrupt but HP won't give out files.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 07:47 AM

DB,

Please define the term, "Used directly."

Are you saying that you can go to a DOS prompt and enter a "Copy filename.ext LPT1" and the file prints correctly?

Or are you saying the print spooler fails when you set it to print in the background and works when you print the files in the foreground?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer spooler is not working [ 2 Answers ]

Windows 2003 server is a print server ,Connected to several printers Hp Laserjet. When we click on print ,it say printer spooler service is not running.I restarted the server still the same message , I went to service and started the service ,but unforunetly it stops the services as it own. Can...

Lexmark printer not working [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am unable to print, everything seems to work even changed the ink but page comes out blank. Thanking you in anticipation Barry:confused:

Desperately need help getting my printer and speakers working on my PC. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a used computer from a fellow employee. With the PC I also got a Canon BJC-2000 printer and two speakers. My first and most important problem is I can't get my printer to work. It is plugged in but when I try to turn on the printer nothing happens. My second problem is I can't...

Canon i450 printer problem after SP2 upgrade [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 computers with XP; each uses a Canon i450 printer. I recently installed SP2 to XP on both computers. Now, when I try to print 4 X 6 postcard announcements, the text is misplaced 1 1/2 inches from the side. Canon tech did not help. A downloaded Canon driver changed nothing. I've...

View more questions Search