Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 05:15 AM
    Head of pressurisation unit pumps
    Hi...

I am doing a 6 storied building project for which I need to determine the head required for the pressurisation units. THe CHW pumps and heat exchanger are located at the basement and the chilled water is provided from District Cooling Plant at 16 deg F delta-T.

How can I determine the head required for the pressurisation unit pumps.

Can anybody help me out please..!

Reagrds,
    Anoop.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 29, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by apv
    Hi....

I am doing a 6 storied building project for which i need to determine the head required for the pressurisation units. THe CHW pumps and heat exchanger are located at the basement and the chilled water is provided from District Cooling Plant at 16 deg F delta-T.

How can i determine the head required for the pressurisation unit pumps.

Can anybody help me out please......!!!

reagrds,
    Anoop.
    6 stories, how height?. 10 ft === 4.33 psig... add the pressure lost of the coil (hieghtest 1), its horizontal piping ( fittings), and the head press and throw in about 10 lb; that your min press.. this sound like a HW question...
    apv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 09:58 PM
    Mr.Caibuadday,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    The floor to floor height is 3.5m and the pump room is in the 1st basement. I have already selected a pressurisation pump set with a head of 50 ft. This was based on a chiller system design with chillers and pumps at roof. Now it is changed to a DCP and hence all the pumps are relocated to the basement floor. Now, the supplier for the unit claims that this 50 ft will not be enough to support the present condition which I couldn't understand why...

Regards,
    Anoop.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 30, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by apv
    Mr.Caibuadday,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    The floor to floor height is 3.5m and the pump room is in the 1st basement. I have already selected a pressurisation pump set with a head of 50 ft. This was based on a chiller system design with chillers and pumps at roof. Now it is changed to a DCP and hence all the pumps are relocated to the basement floor. now, the supplier for the unit claims that this 50 ft will not be enough to support the present condition which i couldnt understand why........

regards,
    Anoop.
    assume your slab is 25 cm thick, each floor total 3.75 m, at 6 stories the head is about 75 ft =32.5 psig, you need at least 54 psig to get the equivalent of the (50ft) chiller on the roof. At 50 ft from the basement only push the water to third floor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Pioneer head unit [ 3 Answers ]

Does anybody know where I can find an instruction manual for a pioneer head unit. The model is a couple years old. Nobody has been able to set the clock. The model number for the head unit is deh-p31. it's the super tuner III.

Pumps [ 6 Answers ]

Why is it always advisable to start a pump against a closed valve?

Vac pumps [ 5 Answers ]

Just wondering how long do you leave the pump on the condencer? For 1.5 and 2 T I usually leave the pump on for about 20 to 30 min. Yesterday and today I installed 3 - 5 tonns and 3-4 tonnes at a new building . Tomorrow I'll vac them out for about 30 min each. If you don't mind me asking, what's...

View more questions Search