Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 12:04 AM
    What do you think will be in the tribulations?
    The tribulations are coming some day.
    What do you think could happen that would cause the entire world to live in hard times and fear.
    Could it be world wide drought?
    A very wide spread world war?
    Or something such as a comet striking the moon and sending millions of pieces flying in eccentric orbits to deteriorate and fall to earth like rain over many years?
    Think of the problems and fear something like that would cause.
    What do you think??
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 01:19 AM

We've been living in the tribulations for over 2,000 years.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 03:55 PM

Wondergirl ,
    Yes, to some extent I agree, but I was speaking about the 7 years of tribulations near the end of this age.
    Thanks for your input.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Wondergirl ,
    Yes, to some extent I agree, but I was speaking about the 7 years of tribulations near the end of this age.
    Maybe we're there already in those final seven years -- tsunamis, earthquakes, ethnic cleansing, wars and skirmishes, mudslides, avalanches, floods, forest fires, climate changes, disappearing animal habitats, endangered and disappearing animals and insects... shall I go on?
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 07:21 PM

Wondergirl,
    What you have described has been going on for thousands of years.
    But the bible talks about what looks like stars falling from the skies near the end.
    We have had meteor showers for thousands of years but nothing like a constant rain of meteors and meteorites like what I speculated.
    That would cause many more earthquakes and even start heavy volcanic activity, also many many giant ocean waves and forest fires.
    The devastation would be scattered all over the planet.
    People who survived would be living in constant fear.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 08:12 PM
    That would cause many more earthquakes and even start heavy volcanic activity, also many many giant ocean waves and forest fires.
    We have all that now and more -- and more often -- with more and more fear. We may be in the last seven years, Fred.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 08:17 PM
    Wondergirl,
    What you have described has been going on for thousands of years.
    But the bible talks about what looks like stars falling from the skies near the end.
    We have had meteor showers for thousands of years but nothing like a constant rain of meteors and meteorites like what I speculated.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Just wanted to ask,
    About the stars falling and meteors, would not that end every living thing?
    Does that also last for seven years?Or is that right at the end of the tribulation?

Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 08:57 PM

firmbeliever,
    Not as I described.
    The stuff knocked off the moon would be in millions of pieces mostly grains of sand to bowling ball size which would eventually his earths atmosphere and burn up before hitting the earth.
    Other pieces the size of houses would cause damage.
    All the pieces in eccentric orbit would eventually fall to earth and to the moon over time, perhaps years.
    Actually it all depends on the size of the comet or asteroid that hits the moon.
    If it was several miles big that would cause even more damage to this planet.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    inhisservice Posts: 32, Reputation: 3
    -

Mar 7, 2010, 09:16 PM

arcura

But RC never teaches that. I thought according to them The Book of Revelation is metaphorical and the tribulation is already over. Because according to the Bible a Rapture first happens and that marks the beginning of the seven year tribulation. But the Rapture according to you is a hoax. So why isn't the rest a hoax?
    inhisservice Posts: 32, Reputation: 3
    -

Mar 7, 2010, 09:29 PM

Wondergirl

The Rapture is not a hoax it has strong scriptural base. I was asking arcura why he believes only a part of the scripture and leaves out the rest.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inhisservice View Post
    Wondergirl

The Rapture...has strong scriptural base.
    Part of one verse?
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 10:04 PM

inhisservice,
    Believe as you wish.
    But this question is about the tribulations at the end of the age.
    What do you think they will be like?
    Peace and kindness,'
    Fred
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 04:35 PM
    firmbeliever,
    Not as I described.
    The stuff knocked off of the moon would be in millions of pieces mostly grains of sand to bowling ball size which would eventually his earths atmosphere and burn up before hitting the earth.
    Other pieces the size of houses would cause damage.
    All the pieces in eccentric orbit would eventually fall to earth and to the moon over time, perhaps years.
    Actually it all depends on the size of the comet or asteroid that hits the moon.
    If it was several miles big that would cause even more damage to this planet.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred,
    Could you please explain to the rest of that are not as enlightened as you claim to be where you get this theory?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 06:22 PM
    The tribulations are coming some day.
    What do you think could happen that would cause the entire world to live in hard times and fear.
    Could it be world wide drought?
    A very wide spread world war?
    Or something such as a comet striking the moon and sending millions of pieces flying in eccentric orbits to deteriorate and fall to earth like rain over many years?
    Think of the problems and fear something like that would cause.
    What do you think?????
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    Are you writing science fiction Fred or trying to paraphase Revelation.

The Book of Revelation is very clear regarding the Tribulations. War, Famine, Pestilence, Earthquakes, catastrophies originating on Earth and in the heavens. I could carry your scenario into asteroid or comet strike 8.9, 8.10 more than once, mass extinction 16.3, coronal mass ejection 16.8, extreme weather events 16.18 and ultimate judgement. These events are so powerful much of the Earth is destroyed
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 07:14 PM

450donn,
    Please read the question.
    I referred to a possible comet or asteroid stick on the moon sending millions of moon particles into eccentric orbit that would decay and relentlessly strike the earth over years.

Paraclete you got the picture fairly well. I was speculating that an asteroid or comet strike on the moon could cause much of what Revelations tell us.
    What do you think could trigger the tribulations?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 09:50 PM
    450donn,
    Please read the question.
    I referred to a possible comet or asteroid stick on the moon sending millions of moon particles into eccentric orbit that would decay and relentlessly strike the earth over years.

Paraclete you got the picture fairly well. I was speculating that an asteroid or comet strike on the moon could cause much of what Revelations tell us.
    What do you think could trigger the tribulations?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Read the Book of Revelation Fred these things are the judgement of God. It begins when his patience runs out. It takes something really outstanding to darken the sun, Fred. An asteroid strike on Earth could do it
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 10:10 PM

paraclete,
    Thanks but I have read Revelations.
    Yes your suggestion could do it.
    I'm wondering about other things that might trigger the tribs.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 07:35 AM

Fred, if you are going to use the Bible, please use it correctly, It is Revelation not revelationS. Or the REVELATION OF JOHN.
    It is the tribulation not tribulationS
    If you had actually read and studied the Revelation of John and the book of Daniel you would know more than the words. Before a person can speak on a subject this profound with any sort of authority it takes a lot of time understanding what it being said. This cannot be accomplished by sitting under the teachings of only one person or religious organization. You will get a jaded prospective and never see what is being taught. Especially if that teaching is coming from only the head of that religious organization.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 09:34 PM

450donn,
    Your ussumptions are way off base and...
    You ar nit picking about word use.
    I chose the word tribulations I used for a reason.
    For I think the tribulation time will have several effects or disasters.
    I case you can not see I think for myself .
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 10:26 PM

OK Fred, I give up what Assumptions are way off base. That you have no understanding of the last days or that you have never read or studied the Revelation of John? If you had actually read and studied the prophesy in Daniel about the last days and studied the book of Revelation with an open mind instead of the closed mind you are stuck with you might understand that we have not yet entered the tribulation period. The restraining force that is holding back Satan and the false profit is the Church of Jesus Christ here on earth. When the trumpet sounds and Jesus calls his people out of this world, that will signal the start of the Tribulation. This is not a second coming as you so mistakenly try to assert. Then and only then Satan will loosed to run wild for a period of 7 years. The first half will be relatively peaceful. It is not until he breaks the treaty with Israel at the 3-1/2 year mark that things really get bad. This is when the plagues will be unleashed upon the earth. Culminating in the battle of Armageddon. After that, with Jesus sitting on his throne in Jerusalem, all people both the living and dead will be reseructed and judged according to their deeds. Those who's names are found in the book will be judged worthy and will be with MY Lord for all times. The rest will be sent to hell, Hades, purgatory what ever you choose to call it. It will be the lake of fire to be tormented for all eternity. Satan will then be bound for a thousand years. After that time he will be loosed upon the earth for a period. At the end of that time he will then be defeated and cast along with the false Prophet into the lake of fire. Believe it, don't believe it, I really don't care. That is what the bible teaches, so I choose to believe the bible!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing With My Emotions - Trials and Tribulations [ 9 Answers ]

I recently went through a very unexpected breakup with my boyfriend of 4 years. The breakup brought a lot of issues to my attention - I have sought professional help to deal with these issues so they do not affect me later in life. My question(s) - One of my issues was that I was not an...

View more questions Search