Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 10:30 PM

What you are seeing in the world today, wars, earthquakes, volcano's are all signs that point to the end. They are all foretold in the Bible as signs of the end of this age and the beginning of the next period, the tribulation.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 10:35 PM

450donn,
    I think you just don't get it from what I say.
    I was speculating about what could trigger the tribulations from a nature point of view.
    I KNOW what the bible says. I KNOW that tribulation time is not yet and won't be for many years because of unfulfilled prophesy.
    I am not a believer in the rapture, but apparently you are.
    So be it.
    We'll just have to wait and see.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 08:06 AM

OK Fred I will repost my comments about the signs of the end of this age for you;

What you are seeing in the world today, wars, earthquakes, volcano's are all signs that point to the end. They are all foretold in the Bible as signs of the end of this age and the beginning of the next period, the tribulation.

Since NO ONE knows the hour or the day of the end of this age, I really do not understand how YOU can make false claims that the end is so far off?
    What exactly prophesies have not been fulfilled yet? As I see it everything that was prophesied has been completed. As I am typing this another hugh earthquake has been reported in South America. So this is another sign of the end of this age In my opinion. But I understand that you don't believe this because the RCC does not teach the end of the age. Sad really.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Haven't there been wars, earthquakes and volcanos since the dawn of man, for thousands of years? What makes these recent ones any different?
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 01:44 PM

NK,
    As long as you are asking out of curiosity I will be glad to answer. The bible speaks about earthquakes in Strange places. Don't you think Chile is sort of strange? Volcano's and there is another one rumbling to life In South America. Wars and rumors of war. The middle east comes to mind, but there are rumors of wars across the earth. Israel deciding to increase building in the disputed areas of Jerusalem is another sign I believe. Especially after Obama's snubbing of Israel during his last trip to the region. I am reminded of what happened to the United Kingdom in the last 100 years. Once the most powerful and richest nation on earth when the UK turned it's backs on the Jews God turned his back on the UK and in less than 100 years they have gone from a position on immense strength and wealth to one of mediocrity on the world stage. Singularly they can be written of as nothing of importance. But collectively they In my opinion point to the last days before Gods pours his wrath upon the earth.
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 01:58 PM
    Don't you think Chile is sort of strange?
    No, it's part of a fault line. Here, you can educate yourself: Nazca Plate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's not a strange place just because it's far from where you live. The world is an amazing place, you should travel more.
    Volcano's and there is another one rumbling to life In South America.
    Google volcano + ring of fire

[QUOTE=450donn;2270032] Wars and rumors of war. The middle east comes to mind, but there are rumors of wars across the earth.{/quote] See my first post, you haven't answered anything there.
    Israel deciding to increase building in the disputed areas of Jerusalem is another sign i believe.
    How about the American invasion of Iraq, was that a sign to you? If not, why?

I am reminded of what happened to the United Kingdom in the last 100 years. Once the most powerful and richest nation on earth when the UK turned it's backs on the Jews God turned his back on the UK and in less than 100 years they have gone from a position on immense strength and wealth to one of mediocrity on the world stage. Singularly they can be written of as nothing of importance. But collectively they IMHO point to the last days before Gods pours his wrath upon the earth.
    I have no idea what the UK story explains. The US is also wallowing in mediocrity but you don't mention that.

You really haven't made any valid argument here.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 03:36 PM

450donn,
    There was no need to repast that.
    I already know it as I said.
    The main prophesy still to be fulfilled id the building of the third temple.
    Though funds are now being collected for such the Muslims are in control of the Temple Mount and unlikely to allow the building of the temple soon.
    Also because NO IRON can be used in the building thereof it will take many years to build it and cedars must come from Lebanon.
    My MINIMUM guess for construction is at least 50 years but more like 100.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 04:37 PM

The building of the temple does not occur until after the rapture. We have discussed that before and it is apparent that you do not believe that Israel has already collected many of the tools and utensils needed for sacrifice. They have also discovered the original placement of the temple and the Dome of the Rock is not in the way. The authorities have discovered very recently that the original location is a bit North (I believe) of the dome. So there is no interference. In a one world government system that will occur after the rapture Lebanon will be under the control of the one world ruler. As such the cedars will become readily available. And like I said before, under a single ruler system the resources could be made available build any structures that are to be built in very short order. Actually that last hurdle was very recently overcome. The special blue dye used to dye the priests robes. The formula has been lost for centuries and a small sample was actually found. Now, using modern technology the actual formula has been determined. Guess what, the end is Near. Far nearer that you are being led to believe. Maybe you need to get out of your bubble and start listening to teachings on the last days from knowledgeable people outside the RCC. Or is that another law you cannot violate?
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post

I have no idea what the UK story explains. The US is also wallowing in mediocrity but you don't mention that.

You really haven't made any valid argument here.
    What I was trying to explain to you was how a government who turns it back on Israel is doomed to extinction. Same for the US or any country. It has happened countless times throughout history, The UK being the latest example. The US can not be far behind with our current leaders policies toward Israel. I do not disagree about the ring of fire. However the ring has been relatively quiet for many centuries. Now it is rumbling to life. So if a region or tectonic plate system has been quiet for 100,000 years and now is coming to life what does say to you? What do you believe then if these signs are not signs of the end of the age? I have been open, so how about you for a change?
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 05:15 PM

450donn,
    That is IF the rapture takes place which I and a great many others do NOT believe in.
    The ring of fire has not been dormant for centuries. During the last few centuries as before it has had periods of activity and quiet just like right now.
    It is unlike Yellowstone Park which has not erupted for many centuries.
    The history of the ring of fire is easily available.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 05:19 PM
    450donn,
    You are arguing for a rapture in the near future because this is something you wish to happen. Others don't feel the same way.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 05:34 PM

NeedKarma,
    You have made a very good point.
    Most Christians do not believe in the rapture for they believe it is not biblical theology.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    NeedKarma,
    Most Christians do not believe in the rapture for they believe it is not biblical theology.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred you are not in the position to tell a non Christians what most Christians believe in, the rapture is entirely Scriptural so perhaps you should say it's not Fred's theology
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 07:43 PM

paraclete,
    Sorry, but I very much disagree.
    The rapture is a hoax and NOT biblical although some folks have put together SELECTED verses in an ATTEMPT to sell that theology.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 08:18 PM
    NeedKarma,
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred, lets be completely honest. You and YOUR brand of religion choose to ignore the truth as found in the bible on this subject. So why do you ask questions then? Your brand or religion may or may not be "most" You cannot say for sure. I ask you once before to open your eyes to the teachings of scholars that study this subject and have more than a passing knowledge about the rapture and the end times. Why don't you for a change and then come back with at least some semblance of knowledge on the subject.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 08:22 PM
    paraclete,
    The rapture is a hoax and NOT biblical although some folks have put together SELECTED verses in an ATTEMPT to sell that theology.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    So you have finally made public your true feeling about God and the Bible. If the rapture is in your words a hoax, then the whole bible must be a hoax. Is that how you truly feel?
    By selected verses are you referring to the books of Daniel and Revelation among others?
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Mar 11, 2010, 08:30 PM

I just wanted to say I've read the whole Left Behind series, and it is such a nice concept of the rapture and the tribulation. It is very detailed and it makes you think a lot. Such a scary time to be around on earth, but I believe it will happen. Just hope and pray I won't be around to experience it first hand.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 08:55 PM
    paraclete,
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred that is rich coming from a member of the RCC. Your theoolgy is based on selected verses, this is why you have priests, why you have circumcision, why you have purgatory, why you sprinkle children and call it baptism, and you dare to tell us that beliefs contrary to your position are a hoax. There is more reason from Scripture to believe in the rapture than most of your dogma
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 10:07 PM

paraclete,
    Sorry, but The Church believe the entire bible not bits and pieces as you claim.
    That is why I became a Catholic. I formerly believed as you do.
    I know better now.
    Fred
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2010, 01:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Fred you are not in the position to tell a non Christians what most Christians believe in, the rapture is entirely Scriptural so perhaps you should say it's not Fred's theology
    I was merely pointing out the 450donn that the "facts" about earthquakes and volcanoes he uses to back up his claim are erroneous. There is no increased activity. People believe what they want to believe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing With My Emotions - Trials and Tribulations [ 9 Answers ]

I recently went through a very unexpected breakup with my boyfriend of 4 years. The breakup brought a lot of issues to my attention - I have sought professional help to deal with these issues so they do not affect me later in life. My question(s) - One of my issues was that I was not an...

View more questions Search