Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Mar 6, 2010, 10:30 PM
    Tips on losing belly fat
    HI! I am a 28 year old mother of 3. Before I had my first child I weighed right around 115 lbs. Even after having my 2nd I was at about 130 and now after my 3rd I am at between 135 and 140. I am 5'7". I am trying to lose the belly fat which doesn't seem to want to go anywhere. I understand that as you get older your body changes and it gets harder to lose the weight. I have tried to do the special K diet and cannot get myself to eat breakfast in the morning. I know that breakfast is the most important meal but I just am not hungry first thing in the morning after waking.

Does any one have any tips they could give me to lose 20 lbs and some belly fat?

Please help, I am disgusted at what I see!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 05:27 AM

Breakfast is an important meal, but the world is not going to end if you don't eat it. It's more important to eat when you are hungry, and not eat until you are hungry. Traditionally, people used to put in an hour or two of physical work before breakfast. Now we eat as soon as we fall out of bed, but that's not always best.

If you are accumulating a lot of belly fat, and not fat in other areas, then it's a good bet that you are eating a high carb, low fat, low protein diet. This (apart from the low protein bit) is great if you are a competitive athlete who is constantly training, not so good if you are at home with young children.

Try dropping all the white carbs, and that includes sugary cereals like Special K. Eat more fresh whole foods, things like oily fish, fresh meat and eggs, chicken, lots and lots of green veg, some olive oil, fruit, nuts, wholegrains. No sugar at all if possible, and cut way back on bread, rice, pasta, and anything ready made or labelled Low Fat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not fat but have belly fat [ 5 Answers ]

I don't look fat at all, but at some point I started gaining wieght and my stomach started to get fatter and fatter. All I want to do is get rid of it because the fat in there doesn't look quite nice. I'd be glad to hear an answer on ohw to lose my belly fat.:o Thanks

Belly fat won't go away! [ 4 Answers ]

I've lost 15lbs recently, my boobs are smaller and my butt is smaller, but my stomach is the same. I've got the nastiest muffin top ever, and it won't go away. Are there any specific exercises that I can do to help?

Belly fat [ 8 Answers ]

What can I do to loose the belly fat. I have been doing cardio and weight lifting 6 times a week and eating right. My whole body looks good except my belly. No matter what I do I can not get rid of it. I am 5.4 f tall and I weigt 120 lb. thank you

Fat belly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 12Y.0 5'6 and 208 pounds though I'm obese I'm as strong and active as a "fit" person. I kind of Like the way my belly feels and I have not gained a pound in months. Keep it or take pills (normal tactics won't work)

Belly Fat [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a hard time getting rid of belly fat and in my upper chest. It is driving me nuts. Is there any way to loose most of this in about 6months??

View more questions Search