Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheldon1651 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Getting engagement ring back
    What are the laws in Nevada and Minnesota for getting your engagement ring back
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 01:38 PM

Who broke the engagement and why ? Also why are 2 states involved ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 01:39 PM

When you give an engagement ring, you give it as a gift.

Tick
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    When you give an engagement ring, you give it as a gift.

tick
    I disagree. It is conditional. It's a promise to marry. Many states already have laws on the books about it. And regarding when it should be returned.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 02:54 PM

Who broke the promise?

Apr 20, 2010, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Because I bought the ring in Minnesota and gave it to her in Minnesota but she lives in Las Vegas

Apr 20, 2010, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Bought and gave ring to her in Minnesota and she lives in las vegas and she broke it off
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 01:03 PM

Well you already told us that, so what is the outcome. Its been a month. So is it resolved ?

Tick

Apr 20, 2010, 01:58 PM
    well you already told us that, so what is the outcome. Its been a month. So is it resolved ? Thought maybe this was a site that had some legal advice but I can understand this is people that shoot from the HIP. Thanks its been great! Hope you all have fun in this chat room._ _---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tick

Apr 20, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1651 View Post
    Bought and gave ring to her in Minnesota and she lives in las vegas and she broke it off
    Did she break it off for reasons other then infedlity on your part? If so you can take her to court over it.
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 02:24 PM

Sheldon, I don't know what you mean, shoot from the HIP, chat room, what is that all about. Have you posted this inquiry in more then one forum ?
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 02:33 PM

Sheldon, you can explain yourself, you are actually quite rude and please get your posts in proper order. We ar all volunteers here and we do try to help, but you chose to return after a few weeks to continue the thread without even answering the questions asked you.

Apr 20, 2010, 02:45 PM
    I asked if anybody knew what laws were not what your opinion was.
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 04:12 PM

Before you screwed everything up royally, califdadof3 was trying to answer you question. My opinion wask okay according to forum basics, in fact, I was trying to get further information from you regarding this issue as well, but you chose not to keep in touch with us to find out. So what is the point in pursuing your question? Do you want to stick around and talk it out or get some kind of closure, sheldon? Its up to you. We don't get paid to do this, Sheldon, like I said, we are all volunteers so can say just about anything we want too and you are lucky I can't say what I want to here because I am entirely too much of a lady to do that.

Take your pick, stick around, explain and get answers or leave the forum

Ms tickle
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 05:13 PM
    Before you screwed everything up royally, califdadof3 was trying to answer you question. My opinion wask okay according to forum basics, in fact, I was trying to get further information from you regarding this issue as well, but you chose not to keep in touch with us to find out. So what is the point in pursuing your question? Do you want to stick around and talk it out or get some kind of closure, sheldon? Its up to you. We dont get paid to do this, Sheldon, like I said, we are all volunteers so can say just about anything we want too and you are lucky I can't say what I want to here because I am entirely too much of a lady to do that.

Take your pick, stick around, explain and get answers or leave the forum

ms tickle

I'll bet he went to Jarrods. Hope she keeps it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the woman have to give the engagement ring back when it is in HER name? [ 48 Answers ]

My fiancé had bad credit and a history of being unable to pay his bills, so when we got engaged this past July, we purchased my $10,000 engagement ring on MY credit, and the ring is in MY name, not his. We mutually broke off the engagement (he initiated it by saying we weren't "compatible"), and...

Throwing engagement ring back [ 27 Answers ]

Hello guys 2 wknds ago I got into a massive fight with my partner. I was going off one expressing what is making me upset and half way through the argument he says "well what u going to do about it". (he tends to say that a lot when we fight) which instigated me and I throw back the engagement...

She won't give the engagement ring back? [ 4 Answers ]

I need help on this. My fiacne is manic bi-polar and is in this phase where she needs "space" I was living with her for 2 months then left. Two weeks after that I got her to admit to me that we are done and asked for the ring back. While we were living together she handed me the ring when she...

Getting engagement ring back and boob money. [ 26 Answers ]

My selfish Ex fiancé broke up with again, about 6 times with me. Its been about 3 months since this break up. In the beginning she refused to give ring back. We have been emailing each other a little bit threw out break up. About 2 weeks ago I told her to leave me alone forever. But she still has...

View more questions Search