Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffreycalilung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 01:26 AM
    Sony Monitor Problem
    I have a Sony SDMHS74 monitor. When I boot my PC, the screen for XP will appear then the screen goes blank. I have no idea how to fix this problem, please help. I've plugged up my old monitor and everything works properly but when I pug in the Sony the screen will display for a few seconds then go blank. I'm using an ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card with updated drivers. The monitor was working fine when I first plugged it in a few months ago then all of the sudden, POOF. No display.
    akishore Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Before this happened, did you change the resolution on your computer screen to something higher? Sometimes if you raise the refresh rate or the resolution too high, when you restart the computer you'll only see the initial loading screens, but nothing after that. If so, try connecting your old monitor and then decreasing the refresh rate and resolution.

Hope it helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Problem with Picture Package - SONY Handycam [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is SONY TRV285 E digitial camcorder. I have shooted video and am using the PIXELA PACKAGE SW which was provided by SONY corporation. It is capturing the video and audio (Master) and saving in from of AVI. It is consuming lot of disk space (For eg: 10 minutes video is occupying 800+ MB). I...

Sony Vaio PCG-K315Z 512Mb to 1Gb upgrade problem [ 6 Answers ]

I have a similar question of ClubMan, posted one year ago. I've tried to update my PCG-K315 to 1Gb using 2 modules of 512 Mb each but the system continues viewing only 512 Mb total. On Sony official website the RAM specs to upgrade are: 512 MB RAM PC2700 DDR SDRAM. I was unable to buy the RAM...

Firewire problem with Sony Camcorder [ 7 Answers ]

I am wondering what the secret is to hooking up a Sony TRV330 digital Camcorder through the Firewire connection. Apparently there is a sequence that must be followed or you can blow out something in the Camcorder. I don't do this very often, so once again, I guess I killed it (the camcorder). ...

Sony Vaio PCG-K27 Bios Problem [ 9 Answers ]

I am having an issue with my notebook. I forgot the password that I put on it a year ago when I bought it. I need to know either how to remove this password, or what tools are needed to remove it. I am willing to take it to a service center, but I cannot afford to send it to the Sony facility in...

View more questions Search