Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charliegrisel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 11:28 AM
    How to claim an inheritance from abroad
    One of my relatives has died in malaysia and left behind a considerable amount of money. How do I go about claiming it as I am the only known relative?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 12:57 PM

I would contact the U.S. counsular affairs office in Malaysia and ask them to refer you to someone.

[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance money from abroad [ 18 Answers ]

My mom will give me money when she sell her house abroad. The buyer can put the amount directly to my bank account here. Do I have to pay tax ( what category , how much ) . I do have proof of the house sold. ( selling contract an dother related paper - translated ). Thank you

Received inheritance payment from trust - Do I need to claim? [ 3 Answers ]

I received $16,500 from a family trust when my grandmother passed away in 2009. My mother (the person in charge of trust) informed me the family accountant said I would not be receiving a 1041/K-1 and I would not need to pay taxes on this inheritance because the trust was already paying taxes on...

Taxes on Inheritance from abroad? [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away and the house where he lived was sold. My brother and I both are expecting to get around $20K. Do you know if we have to claim this income for tax purposes? Or since the amount was already taxed in the country where the property was sold, there is no need to claim in on my...

Tax on inheritance sold abroad [ 3 Answers ]

My cousin living in Massachusets inherited abroad a condo 100 K value. If sold there, would it be taxed somehow by Federal or State Gov?

View more questions Search