Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoelhernandez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Can I still claim a full time student as a dependent when he has filed for his own
    My son is a full time student who received income for his internship program with his school . However, he is still fully financially supported by us. Can we still claim him as a dependent on our taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Yes, you can, due to his full-time student status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Claim F1 student as a dependent [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am working under H1B visa for the whole year 2005. And my sister is studying with her F1 visa for the past 2 years (2004-now). Can I claim her under mine for dependent or exemption for tax year 2005? I already read about the 4 (5) requirements for tax dependent (exemptions) 1....

Can I still claim my 19 year old full time student on my taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 19 year old who is a full time student, she still lives with me and her brother and sister. She has no other income and has not been able because she was in a really bad car accident last April and left her blind in one eye (almost lost eye ball) and the other has bee affected. I pay for...

22 year old Full Time Student = Dependent? [ 2 Answers ]

Our son is 22 years old and a full time med student. Although he lives away from home, we support him for more than 50% of his living expenses. He has no other income except for student loans that he has taken out for tuition. Can we claim him as a dependent on our income taxes?

Claim an F-1 student as a dependent of a US Citizen? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I are US citizens and my sister has an F-1 visa and goes to school in US. We pay full tuition for her and we provide her with room and board. Can we claim her as a dependent on our taxes? Can we deduct her tuition expenses? My parents are green card holders but since they...

View more questions Search