Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tcurry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 08:23 PM
    CD/DVD Drive doesn't read anything
    So this is how it happened. The other day I bought a few items to upgrade my desktop.

First item up was a new power supply. OK, simple 5min and it was done. Next was a hard drive... this is where I caught a problem with my DVD/CD drive. It was working the day before and the only thing I changed was the power supply. When trying the new hd I tried to boot directly to disk with no success. So I put the old hd back in to see if that was the problem. Behold! Even with the original hd it still didn't read anything.

I've done much searching but can find anything that will help.
    Uninstall the drive. Done.
    Delete registry filters. Done.
    I even went out today and just bought a whole new drive and new sata cables , installed it and nothing...

This is of course very frustrating as I kind of need it to install the new hd, reinstall my windows xp, updrage it to win 7 and then the new videocard. Please help if you have any ideas.
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2010, 09:02 PM

See if you can do a system restore back to before you tried to install small business, preferably a time when you know the drive was working properly.

Start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore
    -Choose a date/time before issue

Hopefully simple as that, if not a software issue it would be going to be hardware (drive itself)
    Joyhong Software
    Tcurry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 10:10 PM

I tried your fix. It didn't work. As I said before, I thought it might be the drive as well. So I bought a new one today. It still doesn't work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cd and dvd drive will not read anything [ 5 Answers ]

My cd and dvd drive will not read anything, and I do not know much about computers so I do not know what to do, Thanks for anyone who can help!! :eek:

DVD/CD Drive - read dvd but will not write to dvd. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guy's. I have trouble with my dvd/cd-rw combo. My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 2413LC, don't know the make and model of the dvd/cd-rw combo. It reads and writes to Cd's no problem there. But is will not write to a blanc dvd - it reads the dvd. If I put a blanc cd in it ask me what I like to...

DVD RW drive will not read any disks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a NEC 5100 A DVD RW drive. The system device manager indicated this drive is working properly on my HP zd7000 notebook. However, it will not play audio or data disks. Any help would be appreciated since I can't use my drive to load any disks to repair it. My operating system is XP....

DVD drive will not read a DVD-R 8x disk [ 2 Answers ]

My DVD will not read a DVD-R 8x data disk. I have installed software from this drive - this morning and read other CDs from the drive. The computer is recognizing the drive and when I click on the drive to display the contents, nothing comes up. Other people can read the disk on there computers....

DVD/CD Drive won't read ANYTHING now [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: HELP?! I have a brand new HP Media Center PC with VISTA that I LOVE and have had no problems in the past 5 months Iv'e owned it. Iv'e been burning everything on it like music, data, dvds, etc. without any snags at all. Today when I insert ANY type of disk, the drive closes and the LED...

View more questions Search