Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenniferlw Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2010, 03:36 PM
    They take my tax refunds but how do I know they are applying it to my loan?
    I defaulted on my student loan, I made small payments that were returned and finally gave up after about a year. This was in 1990, then my tax returns were never refunded for 12 years. I signed up for the WD Ford program and had a deferment while I was on maternity leave. I have all the paper work... somehow they granted the deferment and tried to collect at the same time. Eventually it to went into default. Every time I try to make payment arrangements,resolve issues, ask Q's about balance they just try to garnish my wages. What do I do to find out were all the tax money went too?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2010, 06:52 PM

It would have been applied to the loan but your interest, late charges and other charges are most likely adding more money to what you owe than your payments are

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for a FHA loan [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get the IRS to stamp a copy my 2008 1040 returns that I have submitted?

Tax refunds [ 1 Answers ]

I was am intern from January 2008 to January 2009. I was getting two stipend checks every two weeks each $200. I would like to find out how I can file for the tax refunds.

J1 visa tax refunds [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a physician working in the US, I am on a J1 visa. I came to learn that its different for us when it comes to filing for tax refund. I started my job in 2005, and since then I have been my employer has been holding federal, state, local, social security and medicare taxes from my...

Judgements and Tax Refunds [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 judgements against me and I'm going to get a tax refund. Can the judgement creditor take it? I live in North Carolina and I know they are a no garnishment state. Does that also apply to tax refunds? Thanks.

Tax refunds [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out what the amount of my federal tax return for the year 2005

View more questions Search