Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seriousjls Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 01:36 PM
    How to file motion to dissolve writ of garnishment Texas
    I wrote a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment.
    Do I need to include other info and/or have it notarized.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousjls View Post
    I wrote a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment.
    Do I need to include other info and/or have it notarized.
    A little more information would be helpful. Are you the plaintiff or the defendant? Are your wages being garnished or have you been garnishing someone else's wages? Why are you seeking to have the garnishment stopped?

Mar 8, 2010, 12:34 PM
    Motion to dissolve writ of garnishment Texas
    I'm about to file a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment in Texas.
    Do I need to get it notarized.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 12:40 PM

No need to get notarized. Just be sure to give the original to the Clerk and send one to the Judge and the Attorney. You should also do a Request for Hearing so your Motion will be heard. If you wait until the Judge's Judicial assistant sets it down for a hearing you could wait quite a long time.

Mar 8, 2010, 12:49 PM

I'm about to file a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment in Texas.
    Do I need to get it notarized.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 01:35 PM

Please stop posting the same question. I responded on your original thread at 10am this morning; rather than answer my questions, you proceeded to start an identical thread at 1:34pm. Twinkie gave you the answer at 1:40pm and you again asked the same question.

You don't need to start new threads for one topic; you can type a response at the bottom of the screen and stay within one thread.

Mar 8, 2010, 02:57 PM
    Do you have to submit a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment and
    A motion to vacate a judgment.

Mar 8, 2010, 03:28 PM

Do you have to submit a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment and
    A motion to vacate a judgment.

Mar 8, 2010, 10:01 PM
    I'm ready to submit a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment that I have completed.
    I called and got a hearing date setup.
    What's the next steps that I need to do.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousjls View Post
    I'm ready to submit a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment that I have completed.
    I called and got a hearing date setup.
    What's the next steps that I need to do.
    If you're not going to answer our questions, then please stop posting. Creating new threads about the same thing and are still lacking information isn't going to get you a different answer.
    tfelicia01 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 10:25 PM

My bank rec'd a notice of "garnishment after judgment" today but the garnishee referenced in the body of the form doesn't match the garnishee name that is at the top of the document nor, the "application for garnishment". Would that make the order for garnishment invalid? I'm in Texas. How do I file a motion to dismiss? This is for a judgment dated 10 years ago that didn't know about. I haven't been contacted in 10 yrs until a few Weeks ago when I received a letter from attorney general. I called about the letter, etc. and after our discussion I told her I would go research on my end to confirm it then call her back. Next, I find fom my bank about out today about the garnishment. Please help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 02:55 PM

You've posted 7 times. Enough. Should either be combined or closed.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tfelicia01 View Post
    My bank rec'd a notice of "garnishment after judgment" today but the garnishee referenced in the body of the form doesn't match the garnishee name that is at the top of the document nor, the "application for garnishment". Would that make the order for garnishment invalid? I'm in Texas. How do i file a motion to dismiss? This is for a judgment dated 10 years ago that didn't know about. I haven't been contacted in 10 yrs until a few Weeks ago when I received a letter from attorney general. I called about the letter, etc., and after our discussion I told her I would go research on my end to confirm it then call her back. Next, I find fom my bank about out today about the garnishment. Please help.

The original question is in one name (7 times, in fact). This follow up is in another name.

I don't know if this is one person with two accounts or someone piggybacking.

Which is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find out where a person works to file a writ of garnishment [ 8 Answers ]

I am suing someone who defaulted on a personal loan. I have been awarded a final judgment. I want to file a writ of garnishment against this person and need to find out where they work to proceed. How do I get that info if I have all their other personal information,e.g.. ssn, home address etc? The...

Anyone knows Bank of America address to file a Writ of Garnishment in Arizona ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have received a small claims judgment against a person in Phoenix, AZ. This person works for the Bank of America and I and preparing to file a Writ of Garnishment and Summons listing B of America as the Garnishee. Now, should I send the Writ of Garnishment to the B of A Corporate office in...

How do you file a Motion to Dismiss a Misd. When the person is in custody in Texas [ 17 Answers ]

If someone is in Custody in the County Jail and has an outstanding warrant for Suspension of a License in a subsequent county (both in Texas), is it possible to file a motion to dismiss for time served on the case?

How to file a motion to dissolve a writ of garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I see lots of post here about bank account garnishment, but no one every updates as to what steps they took after the fact. I'm wanting to know exactly what I need to do in order to file a motion to dissolve a writ of garnishment on my bank account? Has anyone had any luck with this as of yet?

View more questions Search