Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    easpin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 08:25 PM
    No income
    If I do not have any earned income (my income is exempt) do I still file for taxes? If so, can I still get the child tax credit for my child without having any income? This is the first year I have been out of work so I do not know what to do.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 03:50 PM
    If your income is exempt from taxes, then the Child Tax Credit does not apply to you. You MUST pay taxes to get that credit.
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Nov 30, 2006, 11:05 PM
    No you can not file income tax if you have not work but you can pay taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income Tax [ 1 Answers ]

I lived and work in NJ for 25 years. I recently moved to SC, but kept my job for a NJ hospital working from home. Will I have to file income tax returns to NJ and SC?

Income tax [ 1 Answers ]

If till may 2006 I was working in delhi & noW I have got transferred to mumbai so where can I file my returns for fin year 2005-2006.Can I file the return in mumbai itself if yes where.

Second US income on H1-B [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a writer on H1-B, and recently I did some freelance work (filed taxes for all money received). Is this OK, am I allowed to have this kind of second income while on H1-B. If not, what do I do next? Please advise, FC

Wrong income on W-2 [ 3 Answers ]

Dear AtlantaTaxExpert, I've a question for my friend. He worked for 2 different companies in 2005. He worked for Company1 for the month of January and company2 for rest of 11 months. But the company1 issued him a W2 showing that he worked there for 4 months and earned equivalent wages. In...

View more questions Search