Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Nov 28, 2006, 08:03 PM
    Shaving arms?
    Hey you beauty gurus.I am new to asking these q's so you be a darling and try to answer them.My first question is kind of embarrassing but I have been wondering for awhile,so here goes.OK.Are you supposed to shave your arms? For along time I thought that you shouldn't because the hair grows back thicker and darker, but then I found out that a lot of girls shave them and then just don't stop.I really need some assistance.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 29, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Yes, some girls and women shave their arms. It is your own personal choice whether to shave your arms. You can shave your arms if you want to, but it's okay not to shave them.

The hair doesn't essentially grow back thicker after shaving. It only seems that way because the razor blunts the hair ends and makes them feel stiff.

Dec 1, 2006, 05:50 PM
    Thanks umm.. pretty lady(not that way!! )I think I might because I like my arms to bre soft
    KISSROMEO2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2006, 06:05 PM
    I personally don't shave my arms and my hair is brunette. My arm hairs are not thick and are generally dirty blonde. If the hair on your arms is overbearing and shaggy, than go ahead. It's your personal decision. I don't think I would shave my arms because I would be afraid it would grow back funky or too thick. Hope that helps!

Dec 17, 2006, 07:39 PM
    I'm a blonde but I'm not sure but I don't wan tot be embarrassed about wearing arm showing ts and someone going eww you shave your arms? Or your arms are hairy
    roropie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by addy
    I'm a blonde but I'm not sure but i don't wan tot be embarrased about wearing arm showing ts and someone going eww you shave your arms? or your arms are hairy
    Eek me too. I did because my arms were bothering me and some people were like eww look at all that hair. So I shaved them, and them they were like eww you shave your arms. :mad:
    Can't ****in please 'em. So I shave in the summer and don't in the winter.
    ely479 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Also.. to keep them soft and when they grow back to look and feel less blunt from shaving why not try waxing them?. the results will last a lot longer also.

Jan 1, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Do people do that?I mean wax there arms?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 09:23 PM
    My wife, Spanish back ground. Has naturally thick hairy arms. She tried shaving before but it grew in thicker. The only thing that helped and lasted longer was Waxing. YES, Girls or women do wax their arms.

Joe
    k27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 08:33 PM
    I don't think that it's a good thing or a bad thing to shave your arms I shave my arms and wish I had never started because the hair grows back too quick. People always used to say howw hairy my arms were and then when I did shave they go, do you shave your arms! man, you can't please them!
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Well I have been shaving my arms since I was in Jr high which has been over six years ago! But if you hair is blonde I would suggest not to because they grow back think.. if you want you can use Nair.. but while using the product make sure you keep it on for like 8 minutes. They say that max is 10. You can message me for more details if you'd like.
    anonymous123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 01:59 AM
    I think people all over shave their arms, people sometimes shave everything. It is possible to shave or wax. The bad thing about shaving is that you will have to do everyday, sometimes twice, because between shaving they will go stubbly. Why don't you try trimming the hair, carefully, with scissors. You will have to trim them every couple of days/weeks though. But you will have to be careful about it, but still I do the same.
    blondie81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 07:39 PM
    Obviously you have more arm hair than most people of your age and ethnicity, or you would not ask if you should shave them. My situation was similar. I'm blonde with pale skin, but the hair on my arms was like a female version of the werewolf movies. I had been self conscious of my arm hair since I was an adolescent, and mostly self conscious if I had more hair on my arms than the men I was dating. Anyway, I did start shaving my arms and have shaved them for about 8 years now. Of course I wish I was born with "normal" arm hair, but that isn't the case. My aunt noticed at first when I shaved my arms and gave me the "Eww..you shave your arms???" type of reaction... but nobody says anything about it anymore, and I think people forgot that I ever had hairy arms to begin with. I can't imagine my arms all hairy again. I like the way they are now.
    sabrinat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 10:33 PM
    Seriously.. I have been shaving my arms since the 5th grade because I had very hairy arms and everyone tat did notice was like ohh smooth arms.. no one really cares about it but I personally do not like haiir on my arms and the feeling of it.. so yahh.. and when I let it grow out once it did not come back black or thicker it was the same so you don't have to believe those rumors
    laquishaweddle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 03:38 PM
    I think that all women should shaved under their arm when they feel like it.
    Giqqlesz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 08:21 PM
    I doo... it makes you appear more soft and also because I'm mexican and I'm dark so the hairs make me look DARKER so when I shave them it makes me look lighter . Also remember to shave with shaving cream or conditionor or maybe evan with lotion and little bit of water :D hope that helped! :]
    Ami_Liz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 11:00 PM
    I started shaving my arms, (along with my legs for the first time), in the fifth or sixth grade after repeated bullying and teasing about my "monkey-like" appearance especially during the warmer months and during gym. (Ugh. Late eighties gym shorts anyone?). My mother had forbidden me to shave until I got to high school and then only to the knee. I disobeyed her on that one and started shaving my legs, (to the waist) and my arms (to the shoulders... elbows are kind of tricky to deal with though), and I'm in my late thirties now and every shower I shave my legs, armpits and arms. I use nice-smelling creams and lotions to keep my skin soft. I have noticed that my arm hair doesn't grow back as fast as it did when I was younger so I can go longer between shaving and generally shave less in the winter than in the summer.
    natw15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 06:33 PM
    I personally shave my arms because I always had a bush for arm hair and I hated it! I shaved them and yes when they first start growing back it doess feel prickly but for me it starts to feel like normal arm again, and mine hasn't grown back thicker or darker it's actually more under control than it used to be but I rarely shave them I'm talking every 6 months minimum and it works fine for me,but I guess it just depends on the person.
    hairyarms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Is it OK to shave your arms if you have black hair. Everyone tells me I have hairy arms and they really are, you can see them from a distance. But everyone sais not to shave your arms because it will grow quicker and look grosser with the stubs like on my legs. I would want to wax but I think it will be too painful, if its my last resort I guess I will. Is there any kits for waxing or is that just a spa thing or something.ireally would prefare a better option though because my legs could almost be compared with a man's leg and its just embarrassing. I have to do PE everyday in my school so I need to get thiss done quick. Oh by the way I bought this hair remover lotion thing but it doesn't work! I don't no if I'm doing it right or if its just a ripp but if any of youhave tried hair remover lotion please tell me if its working out for you. On my lotion it says to rub in the lotion wait about 3 or more minutes, no longer than 10 than get a damp washcloth and wipe off the lotion. It doesn't work for me and it makes me smelle weird after I use it. So if any of you have a solution please tell me :) thanks
    MoonShade775 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 03:38 PM
    I kind of want to shave my arms.just because I'm getting married here soon and want be clean shaved for my hubby (minus my head lol) I'm naturally blonde so my arm hairs are as well. Its just when I shave my legs my skin is very sensitive so when my leg hairs start coming back out it gets itchy (im used to it though) =/ does anyone ever get itchy arms after shaving them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to slimmer my arms [ 2 Answers ]

My arms are getting fat and loose. Anything I can do to make them slimmer but I don't want to widen my shoulder.

Right to Bear Arms [ 167 Answers ]

I am just curious about everyone's thoughts regarding the Second Amendment and the Right to Bear Arms. I am specifically curious to hear from those of you that live in countries that have been forced to give up your arms. Are there more crimes now than before? If you live in the US I am...

Remove Blackness at under arms [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove the blackness at under arms?

Numbness in arms [ 1 Answers ]

::)What could cause my arms to suddenly go numb and feel so heavy.I can't lift them when this happens. They feel like dead weight. It comes on suddenly,just out of nowhere.It will last for about five or so minutes,then they just feel funny for a little while after.Thank you for any help you can...

Bumps on arms [ 3 Answers ]

I started shaving my arms a week ago but I have noticed a lot of red bumps along my arms what is this and is there nehting I can do about it

View more questions Search