Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toni1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 08:06 AM
    Why do the government hold the good jobs in jail for free labor
    In jail NYS they have factorys in the back, they make furniture,shoes,trailors,stop signs,beds,office furniture,soap,highway signs,school desk, all the furniture in every court house in America... you can only get the job if you go to jail,None of those jobs are in the free world. In the paper in the job section it says AUTOCAD 5 years experince. In jail you go right to industry and do autocad.. your entire sentence1,2,3,yrs.But when you get released you can't work why? The government pretends there is no JObs! Take the Jobs out of the prisons and give the people the jobs.. why is the government doing this? In prison in New York state every single day the factory opens.. then they pay the inmate 5 cents.. the sell one stop sign for 350.00 yet they give the inmate 5 cents (slavery) don't forget the clause in the 13 Amendment "they are allowed to work you for free if your in jail. OKAY that's for cleaning the Jail and the yard.. It's not for work and producing goods that are sold to the public. Something is wrong. THE FACTORYS ARE ONLY IN THE PRISONS They ARE NOT OUT IN THE PUBLIC. Correct me if Im wrong this seems like a trick on the population. The government says there is no jobs. EVERYDAY THE FACTORY AT THE PRISON IS OPEN. ARE WE BEING FOOLED AND ARE THE INMATES SLAVES? We need those factorys moved out of the prison, since the product do sell. Checkout NYS.GOV/furniture. You'll sell the mayor and the governor in full control. I understand GOV Paterson is upset that his people are still slaves. And wants this operation to stop. That's why all the RUMOREs the whites thinks its right? If we move the factorys from the prisons no one would want to be the Mayor. Please help with some of these answers
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by toni1 View Post
    THE FACTORYS ARE ONLY IN THE PRISONS THAY ARE NOT OUT IN THE PUBLIC. correct me if Im wrong
    Hello toni:

Ok. I'm correcting you. The factory's in prison build items for government use only. They cannot compete in the open market. Contrary to what you say, there ARE factory's in the free world that make the same things as prison industries.

Don't be angry at what the prison does... Be angry at WHY people are in prison.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can a jail hold you on a probation violation [ 8 Answers ]

How long my a jail in Alabama hold you on a probation violation?

How to get a probation hold on someone in jail dropped that caught a new charge [ 1 Answers ]

There is some crazy female in lagrange Ga that wanted to run her mouth and lie and say that my fiancé was the one that broke into her house, which she would never do anything that stupid. But she was already on probation for something else. She went and turned herself in and now there is a...

Can excons get government jobs [ 3 Answers ]

Can ex -cons get a government job if they get a pardon

How long can they hold you in jail for probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is being held in jail for probation violation, but he has never received any documents in 40 days. We have proof of prosecutorial and judicial misconduct, which caused him to plea in 2005. He was never found guilty, but did almost 3 years in prison before released on judicial release....

How long can a probation officer hold a person in jail without a new charge [ 1 Answers ]

My brother was arrested for a probation violation his probation officer said he is not getting charged with a new charge how long can he be held in jail before they have to release him... we were told by a friend to the family 10 days was the max without a new charge being placed on him

View more questions Search