Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 07:05 PM
    (Canada) Permanent Residents and Passports
    I have this friend (online), who I believe lies a tonne. He told me that he was applying to be a permanent resident in Canada because his father is one so he was applying as a child (even though he's 24).

Anyway ignoring that part, APPARENTLY he is now a Permanent Resident. And he's now talking about how he has applied to get a Canadian Passport.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to be a CITIZEN to get this? Is there any type of Canadian Passport so to speak for permanent residents, besides a PR card?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 07:27 PM

His father or mother would have to be a Canadian citizen for him to receive a Canadian passport. It doesn't matter if he is a permanent resident or not, any immigrant can become a permanent resident.

What country is he from ?

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and her husband have filled out the paperwork to sponsor me to become a permanent resident of Canada. I'm a U.S. citizen. I understand it takes about two years, so we have about 1.5 years to go. I have good credit and everything, but it looks like I may have to do a deed in lieu of...

My fianc? Is a permanent resident of Canada.how can he take me there? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé is a permanent resident in Canada.I want to go to him.How should we approach? What should we do?

Retirement and Taxes in Spain for permanent residents [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I'm Spanish and my husband is American. He retired last year and although we are living in the U.S. we are thinking about living in Spain permanently. If we move to Spain I will be working there and we are not thinking about buying a property there but about renting something. We...

View more questions Search