Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjames1442 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
    Girlfriends that stay distant but say they love you
    My girlfriend and I have been together for quite sometime now and we tell each other that we love each other but in the past week she has became very distant. She doesn't talk to me much when I call her and when we text its either one word or nothing for hours. When I ask her about she says she says she's busy. But at the same time she has plenty of time to talk everyone else. I don't know what to do because I do love her but this is driving me crazy. Ive tried talking to her about it but its like talking to a brick wall or something. Please help me out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 04:51 PM

Maybe she is busy, see how she acts next week.
    A4Effort Posts: 486, Reputation: 35

Mar 4, 2010, 04:52 PM

Something big and hurtful might be coming your way but you will not know until she tells you. I would acknowledge to her how you feel about her being distant but if she needs time to herself that you will give it to her. While she is taking her time to herself, take some time to yourself. Go out and do something fun, hang out with a friend, or just relax. Keep us updated.
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 4, 2010, 05:00 PM

Give her some space. I know its frustrating, especially since you approached her to discuss your concerns and she is unresponsive. Perhaps she's just stressed.

No point in worrying about it too much right now since you don't really know where she's at.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 05:01 PM

Respect her feelings and trust the one you love, back off. One way or another she could be thinking of breaking up, but accusing her of this or making assumptions on her behalf will get you no where with her, and will cause you to lose your dignity.

Time to chill and make yourself busy with other activities.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 07:49 PM

Great advice.
    Try not calling or texting for a while. Do some fun stuff.

Give yourself a deadline though. At some point, it will be clear whether to continue with her.

How old are you both, BTW?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:03 PM

Van is right,set yourself a deadline,then ask her what's up,if anything.
    cjames1442 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanheart View Post
    Great advice.
    Try not calling or texting for a while. Do some fun stuff.

Give yourself a deadline though. At some point, it will be clear whether to continue with her.

How old are you both, BTW?
    Hey thanks for the advice. She's 19 and I'm 23. I've thought about that but its so hard. Like her friends will text me and say all this stuff saying how they know her and I don't and they know where the relationship is going to go. I don't listen to them because that wouldn't be fair to her. Im so caught up in this girl I just don't know what to do.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 09:20 PM

Like we said, remove all the drama.

Stop the contact first, with her friends too.

Don't worry about what fair to her, just you.

What part of NC don't you understand?

This isn't fair.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2010, 07:57 AM

You could be making more of this than it actually is. Maybe she is busy in her life (yes, even girlfriends have a life away from you) or maybe she's just all talked out.

Is it possible that YOU are just a worry-wort who's expecting her to be available to talk and text 24/7? If so, back off and give her some space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I stay Married If I Don't Love Him? [ 12 Answers ]

After 9 years and some mistakes, I don't know if divorce is the answer?? My husband is a good man and after 9 years we have fallen out of love with each other. My daughter put a huge strain on my marr and things have basically fallen apart... I sleep in on the couch and he sleeps in the bed. I...

Why do ex girlfriends want to stay friends? [ 34 Answers ]

I need to know

Distant love [ 1 Answers ]

There's this r&b song that goes like this "my distant loverrr, why you so farrr awayyy " a guy sings it. It's a old song like about 3 or 4 years old . Anyone please help

Conditional love? Should I stay or go? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we have had our ups and downs. I've been unhappy recently because I've noticed he doesn't make as much effort as he used to. He doesn't call anymore or email or anything else other than texting. All he does is text me a few times a day which...

Do I stay with him because I love him or move on because she does? [ 3 Answers ]

Ive been going out with a boy for 6 months now, and I've recently found out his Ex still loves him. Is it time I forgot about her or is it time she forgot about him. To make things worst, his Ex is one of my good mates. Help me please! I don't know what to do. Thanks xx

View more questions Search