Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loopi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 02:11 PM
    Forgot my password to my laptop what do I do ?
    I have forgot my password to my laptop and I can't log in what do I need to do to fix it ?
    loopi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 02:12 PM

I have forgot my password for my laptop and can't log on how can I fix it?
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2010, 12:18 AM

Logon in safe mode. To do this, reboot the machine and tap f8 until you are prompted to boot using various possible selections. Select start Windows using safe mode.

When the machine starts, use the Administrator user id to logon to Windows. If you are not being prompted to logon using the Adiministrator option, proceed with these instructions anyway. As long as the logon you are using has administrator security level, you will be able to remove the password.

Once logged on and desktop is showing, then go to Control Panel > User Accounts. Choose the account you want to change (in this case, the account with the forgotten password). Once the account is selected click the option "Remove Password".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

How can I unlock my laptop I forgot the password [ 1 Answers ]

I forgot my password help me to unlock my laptop

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

Forgot password [ 3 Answers ]

How to get forgot password , some ask to me that that (mail) information has been stored in our local system in cookies, how to see that cookies, that cookies where is situated in local PC.

Forgot password [ 1 Answers ]

MY friend wants me to look at her phone modem, but she did'nt give me her password for xp to open up. She says she's forgot her password. Is there a program out there that will recovery this for us cheap or better yet free? That will recovery it. allanb48

View more questions Search