Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twinks2388 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Is he just not that into me?
    Hey,
    So I've been sort of seeing this guy for about a month now but we've been talking for much longer than that. We hang out quite a bit & go out with his friends and such but mostly our time consists of hey come over and hang out and then he just wants to chill in his room (he has two roommates.. sp?) anyway, he calls me every day, texts me to say good morning etc. & gets me to call when I get home after I've gone out for the night to make sure I'm home safe. However like I said it's like he always wants to hang in his room and tries to hook up with me virtually every time I see him. We hang out during the day so it's not like I'm some 3 am booty call however I feel like an attempted one. The big part of this is that he's a professional athlete & his team is known to be sleezy. He tells me he has a crush on me but is it all a bunch of bs to get in my pants?

Please help!

kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:27 PM

The easiest way to find out his true feelings for you are to stop having sex with him... his reaction to this should give you all the answers you need.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:31 PM

I think if you give us his name and the team he plays for we can help better. JUST KIDDING!! I don't think he is just trying to get in your pants for the simple fact he has been talking with you for a few months. Plus he is a pro athlete if he just wanted sex he could go to any club be like I'm so and so from the phillies and most girls would give it up right away. I say give him a chance. And if this advice helps next time his team is in philly I'll need some luxury box tickets :p
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:38 PM

Well you have been seeing him for a while now and hang out often, I don't think that there's anything wrong with having a physical relationship. But if you are not ready for that, by all means, leave it until you are.

If you have slept with him, then don't for a week or two and see what his reaction is.

The relationship is still early days, go with your gut and see how things pan out, most of all... have fun! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 04:42 PM

I am with KC, stop the sex(unclear if your having it ) and be less available to hangout in his room. A guy who is really interested will want to spend time with you doing things that are fun.

Having sex after a month does confuse the feelings though.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 5, 2010, 03:21 AM

I seen that you said tries to hook up with you which makes me think that you either do not give it up or don't give it up all the time. Sounds like he cares because he wants to talk to you all the time and I really don't think a pro would waste his time playing games when he could get who ever he wanted. He certainly wouldn't go for someone who is playing hard to get. I say don't stop hanging with him but try hanging in different places (more public.) Do something fun like go play whatever game it is he plays (ask him to teach you wink wink) or go shopping together or something that you find fun. If he wants to be with you then he will enjoy these things with you. Have you asked him out yet by the way? If not you may want to let him know that that is what you are in it for if that is in fact what you're in it for.
    Expert

Mar 5, 2010, 06:10 AM

So I've been sort of seeing this guy for about a month now but we've been talking for much longer than that
    Not long enough to know what's on his mind, but for sure if the only thing he can do is hang out at his house, maybe you should decline, and see if he can come up with something more proper.

If he can't... don't be available.

Guys will take the easy route to your heart if you let them. (girls will to to be fair)

Jun 2, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Can this turn into a relationship or am I just stupid?
    Threads merged

Hey,
    I met this guy not too long ago. I made him an exception and no joke he's the only person I've hooked up with outside of being in a relationship. I've spent the night there twice. He's talked about his exs and so on but has said things I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend, stay single for a while so I can get to know you, etc. & insists on driving 40 minutes one way to come get me despite the fact I have a car and so on. The other night he said something along the lines of I think we're going to have a lot of fun together, I'm really comfortable around you and then later on said he's only had casual sex with one other chick. He tells me he used to sleep around but got over that phase and started looking for relationships but mentioned the last couple people he has hooked up with have all been younger than me. I'm lost. He calls me up and always asks when he can see me next wants me to stick around and tells me I have to get used to being out there (his city) 'cause he wants me to come around a lot more.. I mean we haven't been up to this for long so I was wondering can something he calls "casual" turn into something or am I crazy? Is it better to just lay off hooking up with him completely or what? I have told him that it's out of my character 'cause I think it's just not right but I don't know. Please tell me what you think!
    vanishree.86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 12:47 PM

Hey,
    You know, basically all relationships start exactly like this. He may be faking around or he may be genuine. The important thing here is your comfort level. If you are having fun with him then I think you should go ahead with it. Spend more time with him and get to know him more before going into an intimate relationship. Good luck :)
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 01:00 PM

There's always a possibility that he's using you for sex, but if you are enjoying each others company and he's treating you well, then why not just keep seeing him and see what develops?

Only time will tell.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 01:57 PM

If you can't talk to him about what you wrote without the run around then maybe you need to leave him alone. You need to find out what he wants and don't want. Do he wants to be friends or more? Only he knows and you aren't a mind reader. Be straight with him so you don't end up getting please because people will do it if you allow them too.
    lms06 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2010, 02:06 PM

It sounds kind of confusing. You said that he said he went through the hooking up stage and was then looking for a relationship. Maybe he is trying to get to know you better to see if there's something there to build a relationship on. But you also don't want to end up feeling used in the end if that doesn't happen. Only you know how you feel about the current situation, if you're happy with it and enjoying being with him, then have fun! And see where it goes, it sounds like he's putting in an effort, so he's interested (only he knows in what way he's interested, but I'm sure he could find other girls to "hook up" with that don't live 40 minutes away) if that was ALL he was interested in.

If you're uncomfortable because you're unsure if it's going somewhere, talk to him about it, the worst thing that can happen is your current "relationship" could stop, but if it wasn't going anywhere, and you didn't just want a platonic relationship then it's for the best!!

Best of luck!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinks2388 View Post
    Hey,
    I met this guy not too long ago. I made him an exception and no joke he's the only person I've hooked up with outside of being in a relationship. I've spent the night there twice. He's talked about his ex's and so on but has said things I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend, stay single for a while so I can get to know you, etc. & insists on driving 40 minutes one way to come get me despite the fact I have a car and so on. The other night he said something along the lines of I think we're going to have a lot of fun together, I'm really comfortable around you and then later on said he's only had casual sex with one other chick. He tells me he used to sleep around but got over that phase and started looking for relationships but mentioned the last couple people he has hooked up with have all been younger than me. I'm lost. He calls me up and always asks when he can see me next wants me to stick around and tells me I have to get used to being out there (his city) 'cause he wants me to come around a lot more.. I mean we haven't been up to this for long so I was wondering can something he calls "casual" turn into something or am I crazy? is it better to just lay off hooking up with him completely or what? I have told him that it's out of my character 'cause I think it's just not right but I dunno. Please tell me what you think!
    I think he's full of crap! Well not full of it, he is telling you what he is about. He used to sleeping around, but he said he's only had causal sex with one other chick (what is sleeping around then). The last couple of people he has messed round with has been younger that you, (how old are you?) He'll come get you, (so you're on his turf with no way to get off unless he brings you back).

Sounds like you have not had much experience in this area, he senses that and is assuming you will be great fun for a while. He sees you as an easy fresh piece and if that is what you want to be, go for it. Otherwise leave him alone.

Jun 2, 2010, 06:04 PM

Do you think it's possible that because I hooked up with him rather early despite the fact I told him I'm not that kind of person when he invited me out to stay there that I ruined any chances of dating him though? I haven't done this hooking up prior to a relationship before so I'm freaking out.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:22 PM

I don't think you ruined any chance of dating him because I don't think he would have dated you. I don't think he dates your type. He casual dates and you don't. But he thought, hey I can have fun with this for a while.
    Now if you want to try and date him, set boundaries, no sex, get to know him and he you and date on your turf.
    I think you are a decent girl and this guy just wants to have fun, get back in your pants.
    Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:57 PM

Your words say your not the type, but your actions say different, and his words, and actions say, he will drive for miles for a casual booty call.

Jun 14, 2010, 02:58 PM
    Is this guy's behaviour normal?
    Hey.

So I started seeing this guy about two weeks ago we aren't boyfriend /girlfriend but when I asked him what I was to him in order to clear up confusion he said I'm not his girlfriend but his baby.. because he hasn't had the balls to ask me out yet. Fine, that's cool, but when we were at brunch the other day his crazy ex called and he said he was at lunch with a friend. Afterwards he said he just doesn't want to break her heart but he's Always mentioning something about an ex Daily.That day we were supposed to go do something together but when he got called into work and was supposed to start 4 hours later he left me at his place so he could go to the gym. He went to the fair with his ex, her best friend and other people and didn't talk to me until the next day when he called at 11am to warn me about getting a Facebook message from his ex 'cause she's jealous of me. He sent me a text today saying: I can send a smiley face on my bbm not a semi colon right bracket so F U :) (because he couldn't put the wink.. ) I don't have bbm.. I have an iPhone. He wrote on his brothers wall about being his wingman this weekend and then ended up adding 4 chicks to Facebook. Today he also sent me a message to wake up to saying good morning beautiful etc. and has talked about moving in with me in the future. I'm confused it's like it's 50/50.I was always under the impression when a guy likes you he's not messing around.. is it normal for dudes to be like that? I mean I ended my 4.5 year relationship 11 months ago so I'm fresh on the scene again. Help? Opinions? Thank you!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 03:00 PM

Tell him to buzz off and find yourself a nice guy. This one wants to be a player. Sorry...
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 04:13 PM

You're not his girlfriend, you're his baby, his plaything, his potential piece on the side when he's not on the off with his girl friend. This guy is a player.
    Re read what you just wrote. What would you tell a girl friend about this. They are red flags all over the place.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 07:43 PM

Leave him alone... You are asking for a miserable life if you stay with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search