Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2010, 07:34 AM
    What to do.
    Dealing with a molestation case. Public defender says take plea my husband wants to go to trial. Girls story has changed but DA is pushing forth. If we lose he goes to prison forever if we take the plea DA will drop it all to 2 C felonies and he will be home in 8yrs or less. CRAP, we didn't do it but it seems like it is going to be best to just have my husband say he did.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kattygirl View Post
    CRAP, we didnt do it but it seems like it is going to be best to just have my husband say he did.
    Hello girl:

Kudos for supporting your man, but "we" aren't being charged. He is, and you don't know if he did it. The question I have, is the PD suggesting a plea for the sake of expedience, or does he know something that we don't know. And, I don't know if you'll be able to find that out. The PD won't talk to you.

So, I don't know how to advise you... Seems to me, that 8 years in the slam, and registering as a sex offender for the rest of his life, AIN'T a whole lot better than a life sentence. And, I'd NEVER plead guilty when I wasn't. Guilty BEYOND a reasonable doubt is a VERY high hurdle to overcome - IF you have an attorney who is willing to do the work.

If you determine that the PD is just lazy or a bad lawyer, you (your husband) can fire him and have a different lawyer appointed. Certainly, given the seriousness of the impending sanctions, this option must be considered.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search