Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aarjee21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 07:04 AM
    Can I do something about the way I look ?
    Hi I am around 18 and very under confident about my looks. Sometimes ,in some mirrors, on some days I think I'm really good looking but otherwise I feel I look ugly. But I know I have a really ugly smile and laugh . Although I am really shy and introverted I have a fairly decent personality when I open up and I know that intellectually I am really smart. I am not exactly suffering every moment because of my looks but its beginning to affect me and I tend to be really obsessive about it and I don't like the idea of being controlled by anything specially not my own insecurities .
    My problem is that I know in the real world looks do matter... in every social circle and I don't want to become complacent and say I will not care about 'superficial things' etc because outer beauty is as important as inner beauty . But I don't like my face and the way I laugh . Its not about cosmetics or taking care I just don't like the structure .
    I really don't know what I am expecting from here but I thought I d post anyway.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Hi, aarjee21!

How do others say that you look, please?

Thanks!
    aarjee21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Mixed replies actually... some say I look good.. others have said I look weird!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 08:44 AM

You concentrate on the inside, and everything else will fall into place.

Mother Theresa was one of the most giving, loving, and most "beautiful" people the world has ever seen. But she was never on the cover of "Vogue".

I'm sure that you are pretty enough, and will blossom even more soon.

I hope you can realize that now.

Good luck.
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 9, 2010, 09:02 AM

Pamper yourself, give yourself facials, exercise, moisture your skin, drink lots of water, eat healthy, floss and brush your teeth 2-3 times a day. This will all help you feel good on the inside/ look great on the outside. I'm sure you are a beautiful person. Also check out makeup stores, (MAC,SEPHORA), there are corrective techniques you can do with makeup to help if anything bothers you on your face. (ex. A lazy eye can be hidden) - I do this technique everyday with eyeliner. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search